"It's first test run is tomorrow," Red Son says. With a flourish of his hair he smirked, "My Mother and Father will be present to see it's accomplishment." he was certain his Father would probably ask for his own vehicle after seeing how well this one ran. P-Perhaps they could even have matching vehicles?? Father and Son duo?? Red Son tried not to squeal at the concept, keeping his cool with Xiaotian here.

It was rare for his Parents to give him their full attention. He knew they loved him, but they were often busy. That was to be expected with their titles and duty in ruling the domain. Not to mention his Father was always looking to expand their power, which drew him from the domain. So time for their young Prince were few and far between. But tomorrow, with his latest invention, Red Son was determined to make them proud. As the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the workshop through the window, Red Son put down his tools and stepped back to admire his creation. The sleek race car gleamed under the light, its engine purring.

Xiaotian, the small puff ball, stepped beside him, staring at the vehicle with puzzled confusion. "Can I come too?" he asked.

Red Son scoffed, his mood soured, "Why would you wanna come?"

"Cause I want to," instead of answering why, Xiaotian simply huffed.

Red Son raised an eyebrow at Xiaotian's request. The idea of bringing the mischievous boy along for the first test run felt like a mistake he wasn't keen on making. He knew Xiaotian had a wild streak that could either make the experience unforgettable or disastrous. Or unforgetably disastrous.

"Family only," he folded his arms, thinking that would be enough. He didn't need this little simian ruining his chance here.

Xiaotian found that to be an insult, scooting in front of Red Son's face, cheeks puffed in that way Red Son could recognize was adorable, but refused to ever admit, "I am family!" he pounded his chest with his little hand. "I'm like- like- your best friend! Friends are family."

Red Son found that very idea shocking, "Best friend??" he demanded.

Xiaotian's anger disappeared to eager enthusiasm, "Bestest friend," he agreed, a wag to his tail.

Red Son made a clicking sound with his teeth, having never agreed to such a thing. Xiaoxiao was his friend by forced connection. He was positive he would never normally befriend someone so loud, so eager to steal his things, so frustratingly lacking in basic math and engineering! Like a bug that just wouldn't leave him alone. If it wasn't for his Mother and Master Liu'er, he would never associate with someone like him. He certainly wasn't a bad ally to have when you needed something "under the radar" done, of course. Xiaoxiao was the master when it came to manipulation and getting into places he shouldn't.

And those eyes- ugh, he was using them now. Big baby eyes that made even his own Mother hesitate from time to time when she intended to scold the little cub. Always able to get away with everything when Red Son could get away with nothing~!

He would not be swayed!

Turning away when those eyes focused on him now, he grouched, "I don't care if you show up or not. Just don't touch the car." he relented. It seemed he too was weak to such a look.

Xiaotian gasped, clapping his hands in delight. "I won't miss it," he says eagerly.

He was bounding off the walls, chirping excitedly for Red Son's big show tomorrow. It was to Red Son's relief when Xiaotian eventually started to show signs of fatigue, rubbing his eyes and getting quiet. Instead of running around, he simply sat beside Red Son as he worked, expression somber and drowsy

That was the thing about him; Always so loud and demanding, but his energy never lasted long. Like a wind up toy that was sparatic until it needed the key to be wound again.