Chapter 1: Betrayal

Catherine's ghost hovered above her lifeless body, her ethereal form trembling with shock and grief. The memories of her friendship with Alice, once a bond so strong and unbreakable, now taunted her like a cruel joke.

As the reality of her death sank in, Catherine's ghostly form began to waver. A sorrowful wail escaped her lips, and she felt herself dissolving into a sea of despair. The pain of betrayal threatened to consume her entirely.

Just as she thought she was alone in her anguish, a gentle whisper caressed her ear. "You're not alone, Catherine." Violet, a ghost with long, curly ginger hair and piercing blue eyes, enveloped her in a comforting embrace. Violet's goth-like sense of style, complete with black lace and silver jewelry, seemed a stark contrast to Catherine's bright and cheerful presence, but her warmth and empathy were a beacon of hope.

Violet held the young girl as she sobbed in her arms. "Why would she do that to me...." she cried out as she grasped onto the older girl's shirt. Violet said nothing in response, she just held Catherine. Truthfully, she didn't know what to say. Instead, she just held her, humming a soft tune to the girl as she let out all the harsh emotions she was burdened with.

As Catherine's tears subsided, Violet's humming grew louder, filling the space with a soothing melody. The gentle vibrations of her voice seemed to calm the turbulent emotions, slowly healing the wounds of Catherine's heart.

"You're safe now, Catherine," Violet whispered, her voice a gentle breeze in the darkness. "You're not alone, and you'll never be alone again. We'll face whatever comes next together."

Catherine's ghostly form nodded, finding solace in Violet's words. Together, they would unravel the mysteries of her untimely demise and find a way to make peace with the past.