Richard x Conor ☁️

Note: this is before the infection

Richard sighed, swirling his drink around, watching the ice cubes spin. His Brother, Gary, stood behind the counter, he worked as a bartender at night.

"You done for the day?" he asked. Richard nodded, taking a sip of his drink. Gary cleaned a glass with a rag, "Wonder when something interesting happens." he said, placing the glass down.

Richard nodded in agreement, "Anne had a baby, isn't that interesting enough for you?" he asked. Gary looked away "Well you know her... she wants us nowhere near the baby," Gary glanced over to him "Hell I don't even know if it's a boy, a girl, or it's name." he admitted.

They stood in silence, not even sure what to say. I don't even know either he thought. Suddenly, Conor walked over to the counter, not in his usual outfit he wears when they are out training.

Gary opened a tab for him "What would you like?" he asked, without a thought or even a question Conor said "I'll have a blind russian.".

Richard glanced at him. He looked nice today. His hair wasn't tied up as usual, he wore a nice gray button up with a black coat over it, tan pants and black boots. Conor noticed him "Hey Captain." he smiled, "Don't need to call me Captain, we're outside of work." he looked away. Conor nodded "Sorry Richard." he laughed nervously.

"I see you like it strong." he commented, Conor nodded "Yeah.".

"I see you like your usual." he added, Richard looked at him "And that is?"

"Beer."

Richard scoffed, "No. I didn't order beer." he lied.

Gary handed Conor his drink "He ordered beer." he said.

"Oh? So you're lying to me?" he smirked, nudging him. Richard felt his skin burn, shakily covering his mouth. Conor giggled "Just messing with you Rich." he smiled. Richard looked at his drink in his paws, then at Gary. Gary was giving him a look. A look he didn't understand, but he could tell he was trying to piss him off. Conor got up from his seat after having a sip of his drink, "I'll see you tomorrow, make sure you bring some more padding this time okay?" he said. Richard's face flushed with embarrassment as he awkwardly nodded.

"Extra padding?" Gary giggled as Conor walked over to Dutch and Finn, standing near the pool table, Richard growled "It's nothing." he slid some cash over to him for his drink, then putting his hands in his pockets as he stormed off.