💙𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟻 || "𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙿 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙷𝙰𝙿𝙿𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙳."💙

Start from the beginning

"How long have you been up here?" Jace asked in concern.

"I'm glamoured, nobody can see me, move." Alec told Jace.

"You can't beat yourself up." Jace told Alec.

"I'm not." Alec lied.

"Who are you talking to? It's me, I'm your parabatai, I know exactly what you're going through." Jace spoke softly.

"What happened with Jocelyn, that wasn't you, that was the demon." Jace told his parabatai.

"Get out of the way." Alec demanded.

"Hey, same side remember." Jace spoke with a gentle smile as he held his arms up in surrender.

Alec finally set his bow and arrow down.

"Come on man, come back inside, Asa's worried sick about you." Jace told his brother in a gentle tone.

"That's the place I want to be." Alec told Jace as he walked towards the edge looking over the city.

"Alec, Valentine has the soul sword, he slaughtered the silent brothers and we need our best soldiers—" Jace started to explain before being cut off by his brother.

"Stop pretending this never happened!" Alec yelled.

"I couldn't save you and Asa from Valentine, I couldn't save you from the city of bones, I..." Alec ranted before taking a deep breath.

"She's Clary's mother.....your mother." Alec spoke, the guilt evident his tone and facial features.

"Asa would slap you so hard for calling Jocelyn my mom." Jace told his parabatai a little sheepishly.

Alec turned away from his parabatai as he traced over one of his runes with his stele.

"Nobody blames you." Jace told Alec.

"They should." Alec said before he leaped into the air, jumping off the roof and landing on the ground.

With a defeated sigh, Jace made his way back inside the institute and headed straight for Asa's room knowing she was the only one who cold get through to Alec at this stage.

The blonde knocked on the princess's bedroom door.

"Come in." Asa called from inside and Jace opened her door.

"Hey." Asa smiled sadly as she looked up and spotted Jace, already noticing the defeat on his features and in his eyes.

"No luck?" Asa questioned sadly and Jace his shook his head sadly.

"He ran off." Jace told her and Asa sighed sadly.

"I have a feeling of where he could've gone, I'll go find him." Asa told Jace as she stood up and made her way towards Jace who was leaning against her door.

Asa wrapped Jace in a hug, knowing he needed.

"He'll be okay, I'll make sure of it." Asa assured Jace.

"Thank you." Jace whispered gratefully.

"By the way does your shoulder still hurt?" Jace asked in concern.