𝘁𝘄𝗼. 𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

THROUGH ALL HER LIFE, Visenya knew she'd never play a big part in politics—no.
through all her life, she knew her duty would be to wed and bear children; preferably boys.
Visenya was not betrothed to anyone, yet. it was a surprise she was not betrothed to either Aemond or Daeron as Helaena was recently betrothed to Aegon.
but each day, she knew it was getting closer.

the deal with whatever lord her parents would struck for whatever political gain. and she feared for the day she'd marry a lousy lord, someone old and fat-a slug who'd demand her children, however they were conceived; she was yet to learn.

the remainder of the day passed rather quickly, Aenys' mind continuously raced as she thought of Jacaerys.
she could not help it, after all. she was angered by the young prince, the bastard. the one her mother would never allow her to have.

Aenys sat with her sister, Helaena, as the older girl analyzed a centipede like they were something of true interest. the other girl simply nodded along, a frown in her face as the reminder of her meeting with the bastard rotted her insides.
"you seem angered." Helaena muttered, but her eyes never broke away from the insect.

"he's so...frustrating!" Visenya nearly shouted as she raised her hands in ire.
"this one has eighty-eight feet!" Helaena mused excitedly.
Visenya gave her a side-glance, "would you like to touch it?" Helaena asked, offering the insect to Visenya.

"I'm better off, dear sister. the gods know my hands are not as gentle as yours!" the princess pushed the matter away, trying not to hurt Helaena's feelings. Helaena simply shrugged indifferently.

"if you hate him so much, then why not keep a distance?" Helaena muttered after some time.

"The Gods know my attempts bring no fruition, sister."

𓆰𓆪

the night brought along nothing but eeriness for Visenya.

Alicent had not stopped by, no, she dined with Larys Strong and called it a day—unbeknownst to the King, but never to his youngest daughter who was keen in learning the limping man's footsteps.
she had no longer seen Jacaerys or any of his brothers, thankfully for her. Aemond was busy with his studies and seething in hatred for the stunt that was pulled on him hours earlier. Aegon was far too long gone in his cups to present good company.  Helaena had already gone to rest.

so it was a surprise when a servant came knocking in after Visenya had already been dressed for bed.
"Princess, The King wishes to see you." the servant said simply, bowing before and after her sentence.

"my father?" Visenya scrunched her brows, it was a rare sight for the two to meet. the servant nodded and replied with a short yes.

when the door to Viserys private chambers opened for Visenya, the girl had gulped. not out of fear for him, out of estrangement. "father...you wished to see me?" Aenys spoke up, taking short steps into the room.
Viserys sat in his balcony, turning with difficulty to look at his youngest, "ah! Visenya, how you've grown." he complimented.

"you look just like your namesake is described, my dear." the old man continued.
"thank you, your grace." Visenya curtsied awkwardly.
"come, sit with me." Viserys asked, and the gentle daughter complied as she ocuppied the second chair of the balcony.

"tell me, how have you been? have you learned our old language?" Visenya grinned proudly at the question.
"Kessa, Kepa. Nyke've gūrēntan se udrir hen īlva eglia." (yes, father. I've learned the language of our ancestors.)

"good, very good!" Viserys praised. "and what of your dragon egg, has it hatched?" the ill man asked in curiosity.
her smile subsided, "no, kepa. my dragon egg is yet to hatch." the girl looked down, ripping the skin beside her fingers nervously.

Viserys' eyes noticed the act and he sighed, "it will hatch, my dear, give it time. in the meantime, would you like for your old father to read you a story?" the man offered with a sympathetic smile.

Visenya's eyes shiner slightly as she smiled and nodded yes. she had been told that when she was a babe, The King oftentimes found time to read his youngest daughter stories of the Grand Old Valyria and of Aegon's Conquest. however, as she grew and as the king's conditions worsened day by day, he found it difficult to meet with his children.
and so, Alicent began taking Visenya to the Sept. disregarding the stories she adored and taught her the way of the knee and praying to gods who she feared would never reply.

for each day, Alicent's hatred of Rhaenyra's family grew stronger. for each day, Alicent implicated the hatred Visenya should have for those bastard of sons The King considered legitimate. it was never-ending; at this point, Visenya knew her half-sister more than she knew her own mother by the words that left her tongue.
and each day, as the princess and prince grew—their eyes lingered longer on each other— with hatred that balanced heavier on one side.
Jacaerys Velaryon was a bastard. through and through, whether Rhaenyra would admit it or not.
Visenya as a child conceived in wedlock, she was the furthest thing away from a bastard, she was pure.

𓆰𓆪

"you dare meet that bastard alone?" Alicent's voice shouted as she entered Visenya's room, Ser Criston hot on her tail. Visenya, who had been sleeping came to wake surprised.

"mother?" the girl asked with squinted eyes as her eyes darted back to Cole and her mother, her mother's ire was felt through the room while the knight's face remained stoic but she could see the clench of his jaw.
"tell me if these claims are lies, Visenya!" her mother seethed, taking hold of her daughter's wrist.

"what claims?" Visenya asked, feining innocence. her hands shook and her lips quivered in fear at the hold Alicent had on her.

"guards noticed you and prince Jacaerys leaving the same place in a short amount of time. did you think I wouldn't find out you've been dishonorable!" Alicent accused as she dropped Visenya's hands in disgust.

"I didn't do anything!" Visenya said, suddenly beckoning closer to The Queen. tears had began forming in her eyes, had she done something of such evil nature? "please believe me, mother!" the princess cried, a portion of sunlight illuminating the side of her face.

"we must go down to the Sept immediately, and after that, you are to put an end to this...companionship immediately!" The Queen ordered in heartless manner.

"it is no companionship, your grace!" Aenys choked down her tears, bowing her head.

"I do not want to hear of this any longer than I already have." Alicent said as she turned her back.