𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗽𝘁

124 AC
Kings Landing

THE SUNLIGHT escaping the cover of her windows made young  Visenya scrunch up her face. the maid was quick to enter her room, making way towards her wardrobe.
"good morrow, princess." the maid smiled at the youngest princess, who brushed her silver locks off of her face.
"good morrow, Elise." the softspoken words of a sleepy child was heard through the chambers.

"how is my sister?" the young child sat in her bed, brushing off the heavy covers from her lap as the knowledge that Rhaenyra had been giving birth the previous night made its way into her mind.
in reality, she wasn't even supposed to know of Rhaenyra's situation then. but Visenya had a talent for eavesdropping, and tip-toeing around the Red Keep, she was infamous for it actually. she had heard that the princess had gone into labor right before she slept, the clutch of midwives was soon confirmation of the fact.

"Princess Rhaenyra has given birth to a healthy babe boy, yes." Elise nodded, not bothering to ask as to why the young princess knew of her sister's situation.
"but is she okay?" Aenys looked back at the maid who had begun tying her light blue dress.

"I believe so, princess."  Elise nodded, gathering a brush and braiding the silver haired princess in front of her vanity.
"your breakfast should arrive soon. have you any plans for today?" Elise asked in a friendly mood.

the ten-year old hummed in thought, "the usual. I will visit the Sept with mother, and practice my lessons with the maester." Aenys recited, dark eyes glued to her reflection. it was her duty outside of pleasure.

𓆰𓆪

after the plateful of fruit and cheese, the maid left Visenya's quarters. minutes later it was Queen Alicent whom arrived with Ser Criston Cole by her side.
Alicent's footsteps were hard on the stone floor, confidence radiating off of her as her auburn curls jumped with each step. Alicent's face was stoic, a sign of distress that only Visenya could decipher. the child said nothing as she curtsied her Queen.

the walk to the Sept was quiet, as it always was. young Visenya constantly looked up at her mother, anxiety eating inside of her. she pretended not to notice a trail of blood in the hallways as they walked the halls of the Red Keep. blood spilled from the shameful walk Rhaenyra did by her mother's orders.
once they reached the Grand Sept, the two kneeled in front of the many candles.
"praise The Mother,  The Maiden and The Crone. may they bestow us with fertility, innocence and wisdom." Alicent began, then it was followed by light whispers.

Visenya joined her mother, her fingers interwined as she looked up. her prayers were like a manta she had memorized, Alicent was the one to taught her long before she could speak what she wished.
truth was, Visenya never had much care for the Faith of the Seven. but as a kind daughter, she complied with Alicent's request. Visenya had taken role as the favorite daughter, not that Helaena had much to think of the matter; the girl would rather overanalyze every insect that roamed Westeros than to engage in familiar matters.

Alicent had attempted to join her oldest in her hobbies, listening to Helaena's facts. but she quickly grew bored. Visenya was young still, her hobbies were those of reading and studying; at least, that's what Alicent believed. Aenys was good at hiding her true self, letting people see what she wanted them to see. and so she played the role of good daughter, the religious and studious one who'd never be too loud—too troublesome, too weird. but she had her macabre obsessions as well.

it seemed as if all of the Queen's offspring had chosen something to obsess over. Aegon drowned himself in his cups and sneaked to pleasure houses in the dead of the night. Aemond, who's dragon never hatched, was obsessed with the beasts that roamed the sky. Helaena with the amazement of the multi-legged creatures. Aenys however, had a secrete obsession of her own.
the blood that circled the veins of the living, the bones of the old dragons such as Balerion's skull in the same place she prayed and the fire that came out the throat of the same beasts that came from the egg that was yet to hatch.

"something troubles you, mother." Visenya said lightly, picking at the skin around her nails—an habit picked from her own mother.
the Queen's shoulder tensed up as she stopped her praying to glance at her daughter. she cleared her throat.

"Princess Rhaenyra has come forth with another child, one that does not look like Ser Laenor...once more." The Queen sighed, "The King refuses to see it." she shook her head. another bastard.
one thing Alicent had taught her kids was her hatred for the sons of people who were not wed, it was unpure, a comitted sin. in fact, she had advised her daughters to never stay too long with Rhaenyra's bastards, all of them brown-haired, their similarities with Lord Commander Strong appaling to many.
still, no one in the realm could speak of it, unless they wished their tongue to be removed by Viserys' orders.

Visenya only nodded at her mother's answer, she should hate them—all of her half-sister's kids, but how could she hate them? they were not to be blamed for a sin they hadn't committed. still, she hated Jacaerys.
he walked ignorantly of his true nature, he was annoyingly witty and the two always found themselves arguing over silly things.

and one of the reasons why she hated him but she'd never usher it aloud—his egg hatched, hers did not.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

as the day went on by, Visenya found herself bored—her lessons had gone by rather quickly. leaving her on her own. she had visited her sister, congratulated Rhaenyra and even held her newborn babe, Joffrey.
then she read stories to her old father and completed extra lessons with the Maester. she walked around the hallways unaccompanied, setting sight on Prince Jacaerys who walked past her,

"my prince," Aenys curtsied politely, but the disdain was obvious.
"princess." he bowed, in sarcastic manner.
"have you heard of your brother's new dragon?"
Jacaerys questioned and the confusion in the young princess's features was enough of an answer.
"he was gifted the Pink Dread, a winged pig." Jacaerys laughed, clutching at his stomach as the memory of prince Aemond's angered expression flooded his memory.

Visenya did not find humor in this story. once Jacaerys took note of her expressionhe added, "it was Aegon's idea."

"I am not pleased to hear that my brother insults Aemond, nor that you and prince Lucerys follow him like hounds." Visenya looked away.

"we're not hounds!" Jacaerys said indignantly

"tell me, Jace, would you follow my brother's suit and jump from the highest tower of The Keep? it would sure do the entirety of Kings Landing a favor." Visenya replied coldly, "I do not wish to hear about the mockery Aegon makes of my family; or how you partake in it."  the girl glared Jace, who had now become embarrassed.

the clatter of metal from the kingsguard approached the hallways. a look of stress the royals, if the wrong guard saw her speaking with the bastard then Alicent would know of it.

"goodbye, Jacaerys." Visenya said it with poison laced in her words.