Appointment

The meeting with Nandi is set, and Erik arrives punctually, eager to continue their conversation. As they sit across from each other in her office, the tension is palpable, both aware of the weight of the decisions that lay ahead.

Nandi's expression is steely, her resolve unyielding as she defends her position. "My first priority is to protect my country and its people," she argues, her voice firm and unwavering. "I can't afford to jeopardize their safety by getting involved in matters that don't directly concern them."Erik listens carefully, his own convictions driving him to press her further. "But what about mutants, Nandi?" he counters, his voice tinged with urgency. "They're part of your country too, part of your people. Don't they deserve your protection as well?"

Nandi's eyes narrow slightly at his words, a flicker of doubt crossing her features. She knows he's right, knows that she can't turn a blind eye to the plight of mutants, even if it means putting herself and her country at risk.

After a long and heated debate, Nandi finally relents, her shoulders sagging with the weight of her decision. "Alright, Erik," she concedes, her voice tinged with resignation. "I'll stand with you and the mutants. But I need to make arrangements for my absence first."With that, she calls in her vice president, instructing him to take over in her absence before turning back to Erik with a determined glint in her eyes. "Let's go to Xavier's mansion," she says, her voice resolute. "We have work to do."

As they board the plane bound for New York, the tension between them begins to ease, replaced by a sense of camaraderie and shared purpose. They settle into their seats, and soon, Erik produces a chessboard from his bag, a silent invitation for a game.The atmosphere is charged as they play, each move calculated and deliberate, the stakes higher than ever before. With each strategic maneuver, they reveal more of themselves to each other, their minds engaged in a battle of wits and wills that mirrors the struggles they face in the world outside.

As the game draws to a close, it becomes clear that victory hangs in the balance, the outcome uncertain until the final move. And when Nandi emerges triumphant, her eyes alight with victory, Erik can't help but feel a surge of admiration for the woman who has bested him.In that moment, as they sit together in the dim light of the plane, surrounded by the quiet hum of the engines, Erik realizes that their connection runs deeper than he ever could have imagined. And as they continue on their journey, he knows that whatever challenges lie ahead, they will face them together, united in their determination to fight for a better future – for mutants, for humanity, and for each other.