Chapter 2: A bar

Alastor and Nifty have finally arrived at their destination. The area of town where they arrived was surrounded by severe fog and darkness, with lamps providing the sole source of light. Despite the ancient-looking structures, people continued to reside in this neighborhood, which was known for vampire attacks. Most people assumed that vampires would attack out of nowhere, however they may be standing by you without your knowing. Vampires seemed to be regular people until they scented blood or saw the crimson moon, at which point their eyes became red and their skin paled.

Alastor observed that the police had arrived at the place before him as if someone had died there. He approached them and displayed his badge, which had a cross, signaling that the church would take control. Although some officers disliked the thought of the church seizing their jobs, there was little they could do.

Alastor viewed the corpse and noticed bite marks on the neck, the corpse appeared to have been drained of blood. It shriveled like a corpse, he lifted the corpse, revealing the back, and he noticed strange engravings in the skin. He cautiously rose, only to see Vox and his men standing by him.

Vox: "Alastor, you're here, and I assumed you'd be in another area of the kingdom."

Alastor: "Well, I had accomplished my assignment and was assigned to undertake this one afterward, but why are you here"

Vox: "Makes sense, we are here to get ready for a mission, so Velvet and Val are buying stuff here, but if you need help from the best team"

Alastor: "Hah no, and what do you mean you came in second to me"

Vox: "That's because you cheated"

Alastor:" Mhm, that's not what the board said"

Alastor and Vox were having a conversation when Vox accused Alastor of cheating to come in first place. Alastor disagreed with him and said that the board showed he was fair and square. Vox tried to argue back but Alastor was too focused on the crime scene and the markings. He noticed that the vampires who usually attacked their victims by only sucking their blood never left such markings.

He signaled to Nifty to follow him carefully, and she nodded. Alastor used his monocle to follow the footsteps left by someone who had just consumed blood. He observed the tracks moving into the woods and followed them. There, he noticed a vampire eating another victim. He lunged for his blade, prepared to murder the vampire, but it attacked first. 

However, Nifty was quick to strike, stabbing the vampire in the leg. Alastor finished it with a single quick movement cutting the head off. He glanced back to see that Vees had already left, which made him sigh with relief. He called for a carriage and they both got in. Alastor picked up a paper and scanned through it. He read that people were asking the police about the church and the disappearing people. Meanwhile, Nifty was sewing.

The police were investigating the scene and the church would inform them if they caught the killer.

Lucifer was sitting in his workshop, producing ducks and sipping his last bottle of wine, when he observed his daughter enter the room, happily, while clutching a paper.

Charlie: "Dad, Vaggie, and I came up with an excellent idea"

Lucifer: "Oh, and what for"

Charlie: "Well, you know how you told me that humans and vampires will not get along because they kill each other."

Lucifer: "Yes I do remember saying that"

Charlie: "Well what if I created an inn where rebated vampires to not drink human blood and after that, we can invite humans to make peace"