Chapter 2

It was the very next day and you awoke to a tray of eggs and bacon with a cup of green tea. You slipped out of your bed, stretching your back almost as if you slept on a bed of rocks.

Before eating your breakfast, you made your bed and gathered your small satchel and packed your stuff up. Remembering what Senku had told you last night, 'You can stay for only tonight, but tomorrow, you better be gone before noon!'

You took your time eating your breakfast, which was surprisingly still warm even though it had probably been sitting out waiting for you to eat it for an hour or two, maybe even 30 minutes. While you ate your breakfast you thought back to what had happened last night.

~Flashback~

You remembered a loud boom! And all the doors of the shrine flew wide open at once in unison. From the shadows, a red eyed creature appeared from the shadows. His crimson-red eyes glaring down at you with such ferocity. It truly felt like the gates of Hell had burst open and this red eyed monster was going to kill you; and drag you into the pits of Hell!

"BYAKUYA!" Said a booming voice, "YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR FAR TOO LONG! AND NOW YOU MUST P-"

A green aura surrounded the shape of the demon. The ogre's eyes narrowed into slits as he stepped outside, glaring down in front of you, a big puff of green smoke leaving a pipe he was smoking.

"You're not Byakuya..." The ogre said, his brows raising then furrowing into a calm expression, another puff of smoke leaving his mouth. You caught the scent of the smoke, the smell reminded you of a steaming bowl of ramen. "Who are you? Don't you know where you are?! This is a demon shrine!" The demon leaned down, getting in your face, "Which means we eat your kind!"

Suddenly, a familiar aroma hit the ogre's nose. He opened and closed his eyes slowly as he took another whiff of the familiar scent. And when he opened his eyes, he saw the shawl draped over your shoulders. The demon reached his arm out, grabbing the shawl aggressively and looked you in the eye with his crimson eyes blazing.

"Where did you get this?!" The ogre demanded.

"I-I...uh..." You stumbled with your words.

"ANSWER ME, HUMAN!"

"What's with all the yelling, Senku dear?" A new voice came into the conversation. Both yours and the ogre's heads turned to face the source of the noise. "You might as well wake the entire shrine with your loud voice, dear Senku."

'Senku?' You thought, slowly sitting up and looking up at the green and purple auras that stood in front of you. 'This jerk is supposed to be the one in charge?! He's actually really good looking!' You shook the thought out of your head, 'No! He's such a big jerk! I should NOT find him hot!'

"This could possibly be a messenger, Senku dear." Gen said, raising the orange paper lamp higher so the two demons could get a better look at you.

Thanks to the light of the lantern, you got a much better look at the two demons before you. The one on your left, Senku, the one with the green aura and piercing crimson eyes, looked to be a young teen. He had spiky, gravity defying hair that stuck up. It reminded you of a green onion, which made you giggle softly. He also had two strands of long bangs that hung out over his face. The ogre also had two black horns that jetted out of his temples. And a little below the horns, were cracks in his forehead, almost like cracks in a stone. Senku also adorned a dark green robe with half of his bare chest showing while his abs were covered with bandages. He too had a similar black shawl draped over his shoulders, just like you did. And to complete the look, he had a beaded necklace with three red beads that looked like small flames.

The one on the left, the one with the purple aura and ocean blue eyes, looked a bit older than Senku. Had bi-colored hair. The half of the hair that was white hung down long, while the black half was short. And just like Senku, he had stone-like cracks down the right side of his face. Also like Senku, he had features of some kind of animal. He appeared to be a white fox due to the way his ears on his head were shaped and his bushy white tail. And for some weird reason, he smelled sweet and floral.