2 chapter

What the...? - When Ariana opened her eyes, goosebumps ran down her arms.

The atmosphere of the library and the smell of books were too distinct to be considered mere memories before death. She herself was sitting at the table with a book in front of her. Blinking several times, Ariana tried to understand what was happening.

"I don't understand anything. Why did I end up here and not go into the afterlife after the execution?"

Rising from her chair, the girl quickly walked out of the Library. After a short time, Ariana entered her bedroom, the door of which was open. Seeing a mirror located in the corner of the room, she walked over and stood in front of it. Her face, reflected in the mirror, was distorted in surprise grimace. The lady raised her hand and stroked her soft cheek, then ran her fingers through the strands of her hair.

- I am alive?

Ariana wondered if it was a dream, but she clearly remembered the sensation of the blade. She reflexively raised her hand to her neck. Her body trembled slightly. Such a vivid memory could never be a dream.

At that moment, the door swung open and her younger sister Marie came into the bedroom, having just straightened her hair.

-There you are, sister! I thought you were still in the Library.

Holding her forehead, Ariana finished restoring her memories. She didn't spread any rumors about people, didn't steal valuables, didn't try to poison her sister... She wasn't to blame! The maiden's loving heart and everything she did for everyone, they betrayed it all. She quietly clenched her hands into fists.

-Ariana, is something wrong? - Marie asked, coming closer to her. If anything, speak up. You don't have to keep it to yourself.

But at the moment the girl had no time for her words. She still couldn't believe that she was still alive.

Her heart began to beat stronger, and my ears were ringing with emotion. Then Arina, having come to her senses, calmly replied:

-It's okay, don't worry so much.

-Right? Just...

-I say that everything is fine with me. - For now, the image of the blonde-haired, brown-eyed girl was enough to ignite Ariana's anger, which was accumulating faster and faster.

Marie looked slightly surprised that it showed on her face. Then she replied:

-Oh, I'm sorry I made you angry. I didn't think you were in a bad mood right now. But please know one thing: I'm not going to ruin your mood, so I want you to relax. - Marie, turning away, finally said. - Then I won't bother you.

After she left, Ariana breathed a sigh of relief and again fell deep into thoughts. Initially, she thought of taking revenge on her family for all the suffering they caused her in her previous life. But then she, standing in front of the window, thought: does this make sense? Will revenge be her true victory?

An abyss of mixed feelings opened up in my heart. Anger, resentment, thirst for retribution all raged inside her like a storm. ready to destroy everything in its path. Ariana clenched her fists, feeling her legs begin to give way under the weight of past grievances. But she realized that there was no point in living, remembering those who caused her so much pain.

With incredible determination, the girl turned to the door and stepped towards the exit. The rustle of the fabric of her dress accompanied every step. She crossed the threshold and went out into the street, where the morning wind embraced her. The sky overhead was clear, without a single cloud. The young countess felt the experience disappear, giving way to joy.

-They saved me and brought me back to life, having mercy on my stupidity. Therefore, this is the mercy bestowed upon me. I, the unfortunate one, was given a second chance. Thanks a lot!

Watching the rays of the sun caress the walls of the mansion, Ariana felt grateful to fate for giving her the opportunity to return to life. She decided to leave these this domain and live her life without regret. Now the girl was free from the shackles of the past and the desire for revenge.