Brooklyn Vega

On their private property they had gotten for rags to riches, almost nothing. They bought it at an auction. Located on the very outskirts of a small town. Brooklyn Vega grew up with his Ma, Ida Vega and Pa, Leone Vega as an only child. They had settled there when Brooklyn was really young and it was a vague memory of him. Having had their home built, barn built, and a boundary fence line placed all around the portion of land.
Home raised and all the things he learned alongside his Leone and Ida Language skills like reading and writing. He was given the task of addressing any mail they had to send out and many other things like that. He learned about simple irrigation on the corner next to the barn where they grew mostly tall grain and other seasonal produce. Such as peas, carrots, lettuce, tomato, squash, hot and mild peppers, cucumbers, onions, garlic, radish, and strawberries. They grew their herbs wildly wherever they grew. Usually every year there is a variety of spearmint, basil, lemongrass, lavender , cilantro, and parsley.
The arithmetic skills he acquired for when they sold as much of it as they did not consume for themselves. Every year as they are harvested. Either set up along the roadway going either towards town or away from and directly in front entrance to their land. Of course to anybody with enough money.
That day Brooklyn had gone into town he had seen all the posted notices throughout the main street and the streets that connected. He was excited to announce the news. Ida was standing outside near the barn and the house off to the side. She has a landing platform and a large and short trough for the smaller, shorter livestock. For on the occasions they had. Where they either had food or water for. A pile of hexed chickens as she one at a time pulled out all the feathers. Keeping the feathers in a large sack and dropping them into the borrowed trough.
He was not too disturbed by the scene interrupting her but not so much that she had to stop her work. He explained, "I went to town today and had just got back. As you know I usually read the posted notices. Well it was a new one. They are having a tri county festival. Live music, dancing, sales reps, and such. Located at the connection point of the three counties. Ours being one of them. It says everybody is invited."
Ida paused the work while nodding her head listening and then continued her work. Brooklyn further the notice and his interests to attend, "I don't know what I'd want to wear. I had seen some nice clothes at the boutique in town for such an occasion. I'd want to use the portion of money for. If that is okay with you."
Ida respectfully suggested, "well, I suppose we ought to mention it to Leone because I don't have the slightest idea what it is he's going to say or do."
Later that day they all had settled inside the house and Brooklyn was dawdling to dress himself for the night. Ida reminded herself about the either conversation with her son Brooklyn. Speaking collectively as to include everyone in the main room of the house, "as Brooklyn had mentioned either about a posted note in town."
Brooklyn responds, "oh yeah, I nearly forgot!"
Ida continued the conversation and to be be sure she understood it, "it's a tri county festival is what Brooklyn said."
Brooklyn continued, "well, yeah."
She finished, "everybody of town an including ourselves."
Leone declined and his explanation, "well I've traveled as far as I ever wanted and wish to never further. It sounds fun but I'd rather stay here and as usual."
Ma humbled and shrugged her shoulders. Brooklyn at first disappointment he than suggested, "well why don't I go for all of us. Being that I never remember first settling here. What I can do for only me to get and for only myself clothes from town. That's for only one, it'll save us all a ton of money."
Ida relieved and Leone convinced, "well, okay. Why don't just Brooklyn Vega go to the Tri County Festival for in our place? Well, yes that's reasonable for me. Well goodnight son. It's night time see you in the early morning."
Brooklyn was still young and he was giddy standing to hug his Ida and Leone as it was time for a night rest.