Why only 16? Cant she be older?!

•Rowan Carter•

I walk into the doors of the church I'm currently supposed to be preaching for. My friend Liam is the pastors son, so I go and greet him. While I'm praying before service I look over and see this beautiful young lady up front walking and praying, she looks like she's about my age and carry's herself very well.

While I'm preaching I'm focused on preaching but can't help looking at her. She's just gorgeous and I can't help it. After church she walks up to Liam and talks to him for a little while. I greeted some people and then went to ask Liam who this girl is and how old is she. He informs me that she is his sister and she's... "16?!?" I ask to see if I heard him right. Sure enough he actually said 16. My gosh why can't she be any older! Why does she have to be 16? I know I'm 19 so the age gap isn't bad but still right now it sounds terrible to hear.

I decide to speak to the girl myself since after all she is standing around just being very chill and casual. I ask her how old she is just to make sure Liam (her brother) isn't lying. She also said 16, why, why, why! I kept on asking her if she was actually just that age and no more and honestly I saw a look of confusion on her face the more I asked but man if she only knew.

Liam decided to set me up with this girl by the name of Marley Grosett. While I wished I could wife up Sage I knew the age gap thing might be an issue and maybe we aren't meant to be, so, I went for the Marley girl. Needless to say I got her number and we started talking slowly but the issue is Sage is constantly in the back of my mind and I see her a lot while I'm here cause after all I'm hanging out with her family. It's so hard knowing what to do in this situation and I know I just need to pray about it all.

Almost 2 months later➡️

I ask Marley to be my girlfriend and she says yes. Whatever is going on is crazy because there's still that part of me that doesn't feel quite settle with this whole situation.

•Sage Kelly•

•Sage Kelly•

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!
My stupid brother just set Rowan up with Marley freaking Grosett! Why would he dare do that. This is not fair whatsoever. I don't care about them being best buds like come on now be a man and let me go for one of your friends for once.

If anyone know my brother Liam, you'd know that he has never, and will never let me go for his friends because all he could think about is me and that friend of his, having a happy married life together and I guess he'll feel robbed or something. You know honestly, I never know with Liam, he always comes up with some sort of crazy idea. Of course I knew that Rowan being friends with him would mean I had no shot, but still, maybe one day he'll come around.

I'm going to be mad at my brother about this until the end of their relationship. I already know Marley and how her relationships go... they don't last. Maybe one day she'll be sent the perfect fit for her little life, I just honestly don't see these two together. Also if you know my brother you'd know that everyone he's ever set up with someone never ends up working out, I mean I'm glad he didn't set me and Rowan up now that I think about it.

In just a few months I'll be going to the church camp Rowan's hosting. I'm so excited yet nervous. I wonder what will happen there?.

—————————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hi guys don't forget to vote on the book to let me know how I'm doing! It would also be greatly appreciated if you would comment on your favorite scenes so far or if you see something I need to correct.

Again this is my first book ever so I'm not a pro, which means I need your feedback.

Thank y'all so much for reading! <3

Next chapter —>