3

Author's POV

After going in the living room she saw that her aunt and ira was there. Even her cachu, cachi (Uncle and aunt) along with there son Arham was there.  They went to Arham's grand parents house for a vacation.
  Arham was 1 year yonger than Aranya while Ira was 2 years yonger than her. Aranya is even older than the kids of her fathers cousins. What makes Aranya the Eldest daughter of the whole khandan(family).. and for that reason Everyone gives her some extra leniency on everything..
She saw that everyone were talking about something. She was going towards them then someone came and hugged her tightly..  Since she was still sleepy she was startled at first but then she understood who it was.
"Arupuuuu.. You know I missed you so so so so much. I have so many things to share with you." Ira said in excitement.
"Oh ira! I was startled.. Who does that? I missed you too." She said hugging her back.
"Hehe! Sorry..  You Don't visit us at all. It's me who always comes to meet you."Ira complained.
" how do I go?  I don’t have the time to even breathe.  And the time I get I spend that while sleeping." Aru said with a slight smile.
"Oh that's true too." Ira said in understanding tone still holding Aranya.
"No will you let me go?I just woke up from sleep. Let me meet your mom and the others."Saying this she broke the hug and went towards them
"Assalamu walaikum." Aranya said.
"Walaikum assalam aru." Everyone said in unison.
"How are you doing kiddo? Come sit beside me." Aranya's aunt said patting the sit besides her.
"I was doing good but now that I saw you guys I am doing super great. What about you? And cachi why didn’t you tell me earlier that you guys  were coming back? I didn’t know.." Aranya said sitting besides her aunt.
"I did tell your mother. I guess she forgot to tell you since you are busy in the hospital all day long." Said her cachi.
"Oh that's truu.. "Said Aru
" So, tell me.  I can't even see your shadow let alone you these days." Said her aunt.
"How will you be able to see me? I am passing half of my life in the hospital..I thought being a doctor was great.. " she said in resigned voice
"Umm It's still great..You are able to get the respect from people.. And the good wishes from the people whom you treat." Her aunt said caressing her hair.
"You are right about that too.. Cachi Where is your son? Did you left him behind as he was troubling you?" Aranya asked not seeing her brother.
"I wish I could. But Where do I have such a great fate? Maybe he went to his room.." Cacchi said to her.
"Okay now all of you talked enough. Since you guys have came a long way eat something than take rest.And Aru, you should have breakfast now. Have you checked the time? " Alisha said
"Yes! I checked the time mumma.It’s 10 am. But I was supposed to wake up at 12. Two hours of my sleep is lost because of the sounds of you guys.". Aranya said remembering.
" Whatt!! Mami Lets you sleep for that long? mom wakes me up at 9 everyday.."Ira said getting shocked 
"9? When I was a student your mami used to wake me up at 8 even during holidays. And now I Don't even sleep 5 hour. I have only the weekends to sleep.  You can't compare with me janaa." Aranya said to ira with sarcasm.
"Oh yeah.."
than everyone had some snacks while Aranya had her breakfast.. After breakfast   everyone was talking in the living room.. Aru was sitting in the middle of everyone while Ira and ayra is nowhere to find.Aru finally saw Arham and said..
"Hey idiot! I thought cachu left you behind.  Where were you?" Aranya said as Arham sat besides her
"Arupu... I am not an idiot.. Stop calling me that. And I was in my room since I was tired. Why would dad leave me behind.!!" Arham said whining
"Look! This is why you are an idiot..  You are 24 but still whining like a kid.. And cachu can leave you behind since you are an idiot." Aranya said shrugging ber shoulder
"Seee arupu..You can't say that I am your lil brother.I will complain to dad" Arham said protesting
"Yes you are my lil brother that's why I can see that to you more.And he would support me in everything.Right cachu?"Aranya asked her cachu who was immersed in a chat with her father..
"Yes whatever my daughter says is okay." He said without even knowing whatever they were talking about.
"See I told you...".
" So aru.. When are we going to get a good news?" Before she could finish her sentence her aunt asked leaving Aranya and Arham confused.
"What good news?" They both asked in unison getting confused.
"Arupu what did you do?" Arham asked Aranya with a smirk which was only audible to her
"Shut up you idiot. I am older than you." Aranya said understanding the meaning behind his words.
"What are you two talking about? And I am talking about the good news of your marriage" Her aunt stated like it’s nothing.
"Here she starts..I mean there are so many topics to talk about but she has to talk about this.. Allah I love her but can't she forget about my marriage?" Aranya said in her mind looking at Her aunt while all eyes were on her. She could feel Arham's smirk getting wider.
"umm We can talk about that later.. I have something to do now." Aranya was getting up from her sit but than her aunt said
"No not later.. Kiddo you are 25 now.. You have to get settled  in life."
"Yes.. That's what I am doing..  Getting settled in my life. So that everyone would recognise me as Aranya sheikh not as someones daughter." Aranya said with determination.
"Yes but  it will take time. In the meanwhile you should also take care of you personal life." Aunt said trying to convince her.
"No.. You were the one who said after becoming a doctor my life would be settled only.. And I really appreciate you for that as you helped me find my aim. But I have to obtain more higher degrees. My study period isn’t over yet."
"but aru....."
"No aunt.. I didn’t study like there is no tomorrow to go and marry someone before getting enough recognition in my Field.. "Aranya said without wanting ti continue the topic
"Let it be rehana(her aunt's name). She is a mature girl. She would not do anything wrong. We will talk about her marriage later.." Her cachi said supporting her.
"okay for now go.. Look kiddo I want thr best of you. We just want to see you happy both in personal and professional life." Rehana said
"Yes I understand..  Now I have to go do some work.You talk.  I will join you later." She went away from there while Arham went to his room
Aranya  went to the study and was checking some files of her father's office since she sometimes helps her father. Their company is a famous one and always stays in top 3. Arham doesn’t like business so he is currently doing MA in law.... But he will join the company as a Legal director after graduation. And Aranya is a doctor.  So Ayra will take care of the business in the future and she is interested in that( Which was a great relief for the family as they can't force her to do anything).  For now It's Rashid and his brother who are handling the business while Aru sometimes helps them.
Aru was done with her work so she was checking a file of a patient whose surgery would take place in two days. At that time Ira came in the room and said..
"Soo.. tell me about you? Hey you are still studying? How much will you study? For you I have to get scolded from mom all the time.."
"I am not studying.  I am checking the file of a patient whose surgery is in Two days. And Why would you get scolded by aunt for me? What did I do?" Aranya said getting confused
"This.. I mean studying all the time. Being perfect in everything you do." Ira said sitting opposite to her.
"You are also doing great.. I heard you want to set up a technology company of your own?That's great.. And I know I can't help much as its not my field but if you need you can tell me anytime. " Aranya said assuring her
"Oh that's just a rough plan.  I will tell you More when I have a exact plan." Ira said with a smile.
"okay..  Oh I remembered something.  I have a gift for you." Aranya said remembering
"Gift?  What kind of gift?" Ira said with excitement
"Let's go to my room. I will give you that and tell you. " Aranya said standing up from her sit.
"Okay.Cholooo.." (Let's gooo) Ira said walking behind Aranya.
In there room

" I couldn’t give you anything on your birthday since I was busy  and couldn’t meet you. So I am late by 10 days. Sorry for the delay."Aranya said giving her a box.
"Oh huh.. You remember about that.I thought you forgot about my birthday." Ira said Mockingly
"Nah.. How can I forget my favourite cousin's birthday? Now open it and check if you like it."
Ira opened the box and found a necklace making her gasp...
"Oh my god! It’s so beautiful..  I really like it.Thank you so much januuu." Ira said while trying on the necklace.
talk

(The necklace set)

(The necklace set)

"How am I looking?" Ira asked with excitement.
"Masha'allah..  You are looking great. It looks like it was made just for you." Aranya said making her blush.
"Okay let me show this to mom.Let's see what she says." 
"okay. " Ira was about to go then she again come back and hugged Aranya tightly while saying..
"Thank you again. And love you."
She left saying this making Aranya smile at her cousin.
Aranya was keeping her bag inside of the closet when she saw the photo peeking from her bag. She took the photo and was again lost reminiscing her old days. When she was happy without thinking about anything.. She was lost in the thought when Ayra and Ira came behind her and said together..
"Who is this? She Looks familiar. " Aranya gets startled again as they both suddenly talked behind her. She gives them a death glare which makes them both looking here and there. Then like something clicked on her mind Ira said..
"Oh.. It's A......."

_____________________________
That's it for today.Do tell me if you liked that. Thank you for reading.

Yours author
Ayezah