Chapter 1 Part 3:The rain

BOOM!

The rain seemed to get worse as it had turned into a thunderstorm. The trio arrives back at the cafe. Once Kye parks himself and Alani gets out, but Lavender doesn't. Kye turns to see Lavender not minding the rain while Alani rushes in.

"Lav.." Kye said opening the car door again

"You know you can't stay in there forever."

"Not forever, just until the rain stops," Lavender replied hugging themselves

Kye sighs and then walks into the cafe.

"Uh Miss Sokis?" Kye askes

"Yeah, what's up" Kai looks up from reading a book.

"Lavender won't uh, get out of the car," he said pointing outside to the car Lavender was still in.

Kai sighs putting their book down

"I don't why they have been like this, I thought they inherited it from me because water used to burn to the touch but it seems like it's something worse.." Kai walks to the window looking worried.

"How about we do it by force?" Alani suggested.

"I don't know, but I guess there's no other choice." Kye sighs grabs a jacket and walks back to the car.

Once he got to the car he grabbed Lavender forcefully and used the jacket. Umbrella, lavender tries escaping from his grasp but it was no use. Kye then carries lavender back to the cafe putting them down once they get it. When Lavender was out down they seemed to be scared and shaking and they ran into the break room.

Kai, Kye, and Alani all look at each other

"Does that happen every time Lavender touches water?" Alani asked sitting on one of the cafe couches

"Well, they used to love the rain and stuff, but like after their high school trip from last year they seem to be horrified-"

SNORE

Kai got cut off by Alanis snoring, how did she fall asleep so fast? Kye then looks at Kai.

"I can try to talk to her if you would like" Kye suggests to Kai.

"Yeah, maybe you'll get something out of them" Kai sighs getting a broom and stuff.

"Don't take too long, I'm closing the shop early today."

"Yes ma'am"

Kye walks into the break room to see Lavender curled up in a ball hugging themselves in the corner of the room

"Lavender?"

"Mm.." Lavender looks up at Kye.

"Want to tell me what's wrong?" Kye sits next to Lavender opening his arms

"You're soaking wet from the rain.."

"Psh, I'm fine" Kye chuckles still having his arms open.

After a few minutes, Lavender scoots closer and brings themselves into Kye's arms.

"There we go" Kye smiles a little patting Lavender's head.

"Now what's up? With all this rain and you shaking"

"You don't see it?" Lavender looks up at Kye.

"See what?"

"The.. blood..the bodies, everything..?"

"What...?"

"Never mind." Lavender pushes Kye away tearing up.

"No no, you fine Lavender I'm just confused." Kye reaches out putting Lavender back in a huh.

Lavender doesn't respond, they just stay quiet while Kye hugs him. The two stayed like that for a while before Lavender fell asleep.

Kye smiles a bit after Lavender falls asleep putting them on the couch before he goes to change into warm clothes. A few minutes later he returns and picks up lavender and breaks them to the main room where Alani had just woken up and Kai just finished cleaning up.

"I didn't get much out of them, but I think they have some type of hallucinations," Kye says walking up to Kai.

"Hm.. I'll talk about it with their father, you guys should head home, don't y'all have school tomorrow?" Kai looks at Kye.

"Yeah, we do, Since it's not raining I'll just carry lavender to our house." Kye smiles

Alanis smirks a bit standing next to Kye

"Oooo, lovebirds" Alani teased.

"Shut up, I don't like Lavender, I mean I like them as a friend but-" Kye blushes slightly fumbling over his words.

Kai chuckled and rolled their eyes, the 4 separated their ways and headed home.