71-80

71

Grandma Gu patted her hand. "You don't have to belittle yourself. You might think that we accepted you because we didn't know about your past, but we already knew about it when we 1st met you. We accept you because we believe in Gu Wencheng & his choice."

Meng Nianyao nodded, her eyes red.

Grandma Gu smiled & wiped her tears away. "Girls shouldn't cry too often. Tears are pearls. They're very precious, you know?"

"Got it, Grandma. "Meng Nianyao took a deep breath.

Gu Wencheng had also arrived. He didn't know how long he had been there. When Meng Nianyao had sorted out her emotions, he slowly walked over. "Grandma, what are you talking about? You're making my wife cry?"

Grandma Gu rolled her eyes. "We were just talking about the wedding date. I think you've been too mean to Nianyao. She's been wronged." She patted her hand and said, "It's finally sunny today, so I'm going to the greenhouse to look at the flowers. You guys sit for a while."

"Why is Mrs. Gu crying again? What did Grandma say?" Gu Wencheng asked.

Meng Nianyao didn't answer his question. Instead, she looked at him and said, "I think I like Grandma more than I like you."

Gu Wencheng raised his eyebrows.

Meng Nianyao stood up and looked outside. "Where's the greenhouse? I'll go see Grandma."

There was no one in the living room since the servants had all gone to work. Gu Wencheng grabbed her wrist & pulled her to him. She was caught off guard and fell directly into his arms.

"What are you doing?" Meng Nianyao glanced at Gu Wencheng & then looked around. She patted the hand that was on her waist. "Let go. Someone will see."

Gu Wencheng didn't let go. "They're all very perceptive. They know what to look at & what not to look at. Besides, we're husband & wife. There's nothing we shouldn't look at." Or... "He paused for a moment and looked at Meng Nianyao with a half-smile. "Mrs. Gu, do you want to do something shameful with me in broad daylight?"

"What nonsense are you spouting!" Meng Nianyao grabbed his arm angrily.

"Let go! Let go of me!"

Gu Wencheng frowned at her frown & calmly held her hand. "Mrs. Gu, can we discuss this? Don't hit me so easily. Do you know that this is domestic violence?"

"Gu Wencheng! Stop talking nonsense!" Meng Nianyao was really angry at his words and frowned.

Gu Wencheng smiled. "Okay, I won't tease you anymore. Then tell me, why did you cry just now?"

So he did all this because he wanted to know why she was crying? "You want to know so badly?" Meng Nianyao asked with a smile.

Gu Wencheng looked at her. Recently, she often showed a lively expression in front of him & he was very happy to see her.

Meng Nianyao smiled as she looked at Gu Wencheng. She slowly approached him & when their breaths were in sync, Meng Nianyao spoke. This was the 1st time she had taken the initiative. Gu Wencheng was actually addicted to Meng Nianyao, otherwise he wouldn't have asked for a divorce. At that time, apart from wanting to beat him at his own game to lure President Liu out, Meng Nianyao was indeed the 1st woman to move his heart since Ning Xi.

Gu Wencheng was lost in thought for a moment.

At that moment, Meng Nianyao lowered her head & kissed him on the lips. Then, she quickly pulled her hands away from his waist and jumped out of his embrace. "Gu Wencheng, you bullied me. I'm going to complain to Grandma!" With that, she ran away.