"Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor," Yamada's voice echoed in the background as Akari and Shinsou were led into the Justice Building behind them.

One moment she stood on stage, scanning the crowd with a sense of loss, and the next, she found herself staring at the lavish interior of the room she'd been placed in. Despite being removed from the cameras and the prying eyes of everyone watching, she couldn't shake off the unease that lingered within her.

Though the sensation gradually returned to her body, she was too emotionally drained to process it. There were no cameras now, but she knew they would return soon, and she couldn't risk allowing her emotions to surface, fearing they would betray her on her face.

No weaknesses.

The two tributes were granted an hour in separate rooms to bid farewell to their loved ones. Although Akari wished she could be left alone to grieve with Shinsou, to share in their sorrow away from prying eyes, she knew it was for the best. After all, they would see each other on the train soon.

As the door creaked open, Akari's heart lurched in her chest, and she turned to see Emiko hurtling toward her with reckless abandon. She braced herself, catching her sister just in time to prevent them both from tumbling to the ground. Following closely behind Emiko trailed Tomura, Spinner, and Toga.

"Hey, I'm okay. Do you hear me?" Akari crouched down, meeting Emiko at eye level.

Despite the turmoil raging within her, she masked her own fears with a facade of strength, her voice steady as she reached out to comfort her sister. With a gentle touch, Akari wiped away the remnants of tears that stained Emiko's cheeks, her heart aching at the sight of her sister's trembling form.

"I'll be okay. I need you to listen to me," she murmured softly, her words a lifeline in the storm of emotions threatened to overwhelm them. "I left plenty of goods back at home, it should be enough so don't take out any tesserae, got it? It isn't worth putting your name more in the games."

"We understand," Toga answers for the both of them, appearing beside Akari to lay a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We'll take care of each other, Akichan, don't worry," she gives Akari her signature toothy smile, though it didn't hold the same cheerfulness as usual, instead tinged with sorrow.

Akari returned the gesture, pulling her into a tight embrace. Standing back at her full height, she turns to face the boys, a lump forming in her throat at the sight of their somber expressions. She knew they were grappling with their own emotions, struggling to come to terms with the harsh reality of their impending separation.

"You take care of them okay?" Akari's voice wavered slightly, the weight of her words hanging in the air as she addressed them, she knew they would, but her eyes still searched for a flicker of understanding.

"Don't fret. Just keep your head up and stay strong out there, okay?" Spinner's words echoed in her mind, as she nodded in acknowledgment.

Turning towards Tomura, Akari offered him a small smile, hoping to convey her gratitude for his unwavering support. "You guys did your best," she reassured his unspoken worries. "Nothing could have prevented this."

She can see the weight of responsibility on his shoulders, it's etched in his features. For years the eldest had done everything in his power to protect them, and this moment, she knows, must've felt like a failure to him.

"You take care too, Niichan, thank you for everything," Akari's voice faltered slightly.

A hand descended gently on top of her head, startling her momentarily, "If anyone can win these games, it's you," Tomura's words washed over her, his expression softening with unspoken emotion causing Akari's eyes to widen and gloss over.