Broken Prophecies - 5

Things start to get interesting this chapter. :) ;)

Aly’s POV

                 After three hours alone with Niel laughing, talking and just generally hanging out – I realised that despite the fact that he was not human and came from another realm, he was really nice. Plus, he was infinitely hot. J

               Nick and Jake got back about fifteen minutes ago. And now we are getting ready to leave. I wonder how we are getting to Niandra.

“It’s really easy. All you have to do is put one hand on my shoulder and your other hand on Niel’s shoulder. Then think of Niandra and the people you are holding.” Nick explained, seeing the puzzled expression on my face.

                    The three boys had gathered around me. Niel on my left, Nick on my right and Jake directly opposite me. We were standing in a perfect circle in the centre of the glass room. We stood like that until, Jake finally said,

“Close your eyes. Concentrate.”

                    I did what he told me. I closed my eyes and thought of the things they had told me about Niandra. But mostly, I thought about the boys in my circle. The boys who appeared in my life one day, today, and took it over. I thought of Nick’s warmth; of Jake’s mystery; and I thought of Niel.

                  The thoughts filled me and then were gone. Now, I saw flashes of a snowy mountain peak, a sandy beach, and miles of heather leading to rocky cliffs and then  the endless ocean. Soon, the flashes too were gone, and a new sensation took over – I was falling.

Falling.

Falling.

Just falling...

                 Then somebody caught me. I felt soft muscle holding me. I feel too nervous to open my eyes, but when I do, I see Niel, the one who caught me.

“You have a habit of falling into my arms, don’t you ?” he says, giving me a slow infectious smile.

                  As he puts me down, I look around to see Nick and Jake, landing in a crouching position, like they had just made a really high jump. Then, looking behind them, I see the mountains, cliffs, beaches and pastures – the ones I saw in the flashes before I landed. Except so more..... I try to find a word to describe what I see, but I fail miserably. So I’ll just say it looks like a miracle.

             I feel somebody coming up behind me, and then hear Niel whisper,

“Beautiful, isn’t it ? This is my favourite place in Niandra.”

I hear the smile in his voice, as he adds,

“This is also the place where I will train you.”

                I turn around to face him, and looking up into his eyes say the only sensible, unemotional thing I can conjure up,

“Where are we staying?”

                  He turns slightly and points towards a stone bungalow, which seemed to have appeared out of nowhere...

Aly’s POV

                “Hey! Guys, wait up!” I yell.

I am trying to keep up with the three of them, as we walk (well, I do anyway) to the bungalow, but the refuse to slow down.

                The area leading from where we landed to the house, is wild un-cultivated fields of nothing but heather, grass and wild flowers. It feels cold. It isn’t freezing. I would say the cold is the kind, which makes you feel like curling up on a couch with a cup of hot chocolate.