╰┈➤ xxxiv. absolutely smitten & snowballs

Start from the beginning

It became increasingly clear that Lily was struggling internally while attempting to conceal her sorrow.

The individuals in her circle were aware of her anguish, although they opted to do everything they could to avoid making Elliot's name a topic of conversation. This was done with the intent of permitting Lily to progress throughout her days with ease, without allowing the situation to persist in her thoughts.

The process of Raven healing from her anger involved the support of several people, particularly Remus, who continued to be her pillar of strength.

Remus remained consistently present by her side and attempted to aid in the mending process, which ultimately proved successful even though neither party openly spoke about their emotions.

However, after an extended duration of Remus's ongoing devotion, the two finally began to reach a point of comfort between them, which marked the end of Raven's initial fury.

As the initial stages of Autumn's grief over the loss of her relationship with Elliot began to unfold, she was quiet, solemn, and detached.

However, James quickly interjected the process, using various techniques to prevent her from becoming overwhelmed with sorrow.

His efforts were successful, as he was able to provide her with a steady stream of entertainment which kept her engaged, such as exploring the school, flirting, holding hands, and kissing. Each of these minor actions effectively altered her mindset, making a substantial impact overall.

The Marauders became an instrumental fixture in the recovery of the three female peers following the loss of Elliot's friendship, and they were able to successfully maintain their assistance throughout the process.

Eventually, the group's efforts began to exhibit results, and as a result, they were eventually able to return to a sense of normalcy after a length of a month had lapsed since the occurrence.

...

After experiencing such a prolonged period where the group always hung out together, it seemed like a peculiar occurrence for Autumn and James to find themselves alone.

However, due to the unfortunate situation that led to the loss of Elliot from their friend circle, the rest of the individuals in the group found themselves inseparable, causing them to spend an unusually high amount of time in one another's presence.

James had been deprived of his alone time with Autumn for a while, and so, when the opportunity to have some quality time without the presence of any other individuals finally occurred, he couldn't help but continually gaze at his beloved.

Whether they were strolling down a corridor, passing each other as they traveled different halls, or sitting near each other in the Great Hall, James consistently found himself fixated on her in a way that was utterly intoxicating to him.

In the beginning, Autumn could not help but feel somewhat awkward when she was aware of James' constant focus on her.

However, his admiring glances eventually became a routine occurrence that she began to enjoy and appreciate. As she became accustomed to his admiring gazes, she also decided to grant him the same attention, and would sometimes find herself staring back at him.

Sirius rolled his eyes in contempt as he caught the smitten pair engrossed in their prolonged gazes, "Merlin's pants, they are doing it again."

Peter chuckled and threw a bread roll in Sirius's direction, suggesting, "Just leave them be Pads."

Raven snickered as well, then chimed in, with a sly smile, "You know, you are the one who complains about it all the time, Sirius. Maybe you should stop staring at them."