03 / Chapter three

Pain. Everything was hurting.
You tried to move but your body was too heavy.
It felt so numb and yet it hurt like thousands knives would stab through your skin.
Slowly you managed to open your eyes.
A burning pain went through your body and you cried out in pain.
Your eyes wandered around and you made out that you were strapped to a table. A lot of cables were connected to your body. Some liquid flow through the cables in your body.
Whatever these liquids were it didn't seem good for your body.
It hurt, it burned and just felt like it would rip your body apart.
"Oh you're awake, Experiment 628."
You moved your head to the left and saw the doctor standing at the door.
"What did you do to me...?" Your voice was hoarse and it hurt to talk.
The doctor stepped closer and started to remove the cables. "Just a few experiments to test you. It's almost impossible to survive the shoguns lightnings and your hair got an interesting colour. Time to find out more about this riddle of yours."
You widen your eyes when he grabbed a bigger syringe than the others and you tried to get away but since you were strapped to the table it was impossible.
He held your hair roughly and made you lift your chin so he could inject the syringe.
He injected the liquid painfully in the side of your neck.
First there was nothing but then your whole body started to hurt. When he connected you with one of those cables an immense pain went through your body. Your eyes rolled back and you started to cramp. It hurt so bad there was no word for it.
You started to scream out of the top of your lungs when he increased the pain on some device.

Stop it. Stop.
It hurts.
Let me go.
Mom. Dad. I'm sorry.
That's not the life you meant, right?
How do I deserve this?
What did I do?
Why? Why is this happening to me?

After a while the pain stopped.
You didn't even notice how the doctor left the room.
You just stared at the ceiling, tears running down your face while you felt nothing but pain.
When will it be over?