Part 18

Madi

Today is the day I get surgery. Honestly. I'm nervous as hell. But that's not all my mind is on right now.

Me and Paige kissed a few days ago. It was amazing. Electric feeling almost. We haven't really talked about it, but it's not weird between us either. Like we can just have normal conversations like it never happened, but my mind still crosses it when I'm struggling to sleep of zoned out.

It's currently 11 o'clock and I have surgery at 3. Paige, Azzi, Aubrey and KK are all going with me. They have all been supportive since my injury.

"Hey girl" kk says coming in my room. Right now I'm finishing catching up on my school work that I've missed.

"Hey kk." I say looking away from my screen. I made on a sweat set from American eagle right now, grey shorts and a sweat shirt.

"So I have a question. And don't lie cause I will know." Kk says sitting on the edge of my bed. She crosses her legs and turns toward me.

"Okay." I say lifting my hips a little to adjust myself. I have my knee wrapped up tightly in a brace. I have it propped up on a pillow so I'm not uncomfortable. Sleeping has been a struggle.

"Did you and Paige fuck?" Kk says bluntly while she tilts her head at me slightly.

"Girl what, no" I say giving her a look of surprise. I say taking off my blue light glasses and setting them down on my table.

"Okay well something happened because the tension between yall has been through the roof." Kk states as if it's the most obvious thing ever, I mean has it?

"Well. We did kiss. But kk I swear to god if you tell anybody I will expose you and Riley to everyone." I say, Kk and Riley have had a thing for a little while now and nobody now's except me.

"Okay damn chill out I won't" kk says putting her hands up in surrender. As gets off my bed and walks out.

I grab my crutches and go out into the kitchen where I find Paige, Caroline, Nika, and Aubrey.

"There she is." I hear Caroline say. Me and Caroline have grown close over the time I've been here, our rooms are also right by each others.

"Here I am." I reply sitting down in one of the bar stools. I put my face in my hands and sigh. I still a whole damn essay to write.

"You ready for surgery?" Aubrey asks me. While leaning on the counter in front of me. Me and Aubrey have grown close over my few weeks being here at UConn.

"I guess."

~~

It was now 2:45 and we were at the hospital waiting for them to take me back. Paige was sitting in the chair closest to me and Azzi, Aubrey, and Kk were sitting in the chairs

I was in my gown and ready to go. I wasn't nervous, I mean I tore my other acl in Highschool. This isn't anything new.

Knock Knock Knock

"Hello, Ms. Miller are you ready to be taken back?" The doctor says in a monotone voice.

"Ready as I ever be." I reply back with a slight smile.

"Alright I will grab one of the nurses." He says walking out of the room.

"Alright Mads. You got this." Azzi says to me.

"Yea you got it." Paige said in reply.

"Thank yall." I reply with a smile. I love my teammates, they have been so supportive throughout this process.