chapter 17 - a long way to go

Start from the beginning

Y/N - s- she's- outside-

Amy - she's yo- your sister- our sister-

I had gotten up again, pacing around the room.

My breath had heightened to this revelation.

She gets up from the bed, sobbing with her hands on my cheek to keep me still

Amy - I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.

Y/N - d- does she know?

Amy - she do- does. She's just putting on an act right now.

I silently nod, sniffling while she wiped my tears

Y/N - w- why are you here?

Amy - Mom told me last month. It's why I'm here, to tell her about her real family since she's old enough to know.

Y/N - Sh- she's an idol too, wa- wasn't it hard to tell her?

Amy - it w- was. I got here only a week ago just to tell her

Y/N - y- you were here? Fo- for a week?

I was frustrated, betrayed even at the fact that she didn't tell me

Amy - I- I'm sorry. I had to, I didn't want to make you worry

But. I had calmed down, knowing that she had her reasons and for mom's too.

Amy - Once I told her, we went out to do a DNA test.

She reached into her phone, showing me a picture.

Y/N - oh- oh my god.

Amy - she's really our family. She's our blood sister.

Y/N - I- I-

I felt light headed, dizzy to the point where I couldn't stand

Amy - hey hey, it's okay. Breathe E/N. just breathe okay?

She held onto my arms, with her still feeling a bit more caring about me and about the whole reveal.

Her soft comfort was the reason why I had loved and appreciated her as a sister. Even though she wasn't as tall as me or independent. She knew all she could do was do the opposite, she could protect me using whatever.

She is the greatest older sister I know, and I have.

The same one who would cook me hot soup when I was sick, the same one who would comfort me with movie nights after bad days, or even, supporting me through any event I was going through. She was there.

Y/N - I'm- I'm okay.

Patting my back and some support from her, I looked at her with my teary eyes.

Y/N - Mom, w- why would she do that?

Amy - she told me it was out of because she wanted to confront him about something but- but she- they- fuck-

Y/N - you don't have to tell me. But. what now?

Amy - now, we gotta make it up to Jinsol-ah right there. She's your younger sister now.

Y/N - makes sense why she called me oppa. You tell her about me?

Amy - she knows everything about you

She grabs my hands again, comforting me with her soft words

Amy - she's so happy she has an older brother. And an older sister. She has a younger brother but that's on her side, he's not related to us but she's wanting to try to know who we are. I know this was so sudden. Seeing me, popping up out of nowhere with this- this new information. Your world has changed now, and- those girls right there? The ones you told me about? You've changed for the better ever since you moved here. And I'm so proud of you, I'm so proud of my little bro being the best he can be.