Good Things Die

May 1st
Day One

Forming of the Story

Genre: Paranormal
Theme: Love & Betrayal

Story told by:
Narrative—3rd person

About: Ethan's girlfriend is dying, and the only way he can save her is by taking the life of another—something he'd known he was able to do, but never....

Title(s):

-Undying Love
-Good Things Always Go
-Lost Between Love and Death
-As Cold as Death

Introduction:

|Rough Draft|

The room was well-lit with the curtains pulled back allowing the sun's light to shine in. It wasn't that that bothered him, but the thought that someone could see him if they looked in.

Joseph slowly walked over to the window and pulled the curtains closed.

His hands were cold, but not as cold as his lover was down the hall. She'd taken her last breath not too long ago and the doctors covered her with a thin, white sheet.

He'd touched her limp hand as a tear ran down his face. She was gone.

However, what no one knew about him was that he grew close to death. He heard whispers in the back of his mind—a secret.

All he had to do was take a life from the now living and take it back to Nina, his girl. It wasn't anything he'd ever done before, but it was simple.

Joseph hovered over a newborn—a boy. His mother was asleep only inches away.

He looked down at the child, emotionless. It wasn't that he didn't care, it was more so a new life made death's freshest victim even more lively.

Holding his cold hand out, it shook uncontrollably as it moved towards the child; many times he wanted to stop, but every time he came close to, Nina's face appeared in his mind. He wanted her back, maybe just as much as a mother's love for her child.

His hand rested on the child's chest. The feeling of his heartbeat felt so powerful. It was young and innocent, new to life yet seconds away from death. All he had to do was take in a long breath before his hands heated up beneath him.

The infant squirmed. His eyes sealed shut—asleep yet wanting to wake up. His pale lips parted and he was about to cry when all that came out was a gasp.

Joseph moved his hand, a tingling sensation going through him. And while he should've been happy to be able to see his lover's eyes again, the sight in front of him made him sick to his stomach. He hated himself

(Unfinished)