Part 4

In Manila

Police department

In Jun’s office

Jun POV

I'm sitting and watching the security cameras again. Hopefully, I can find more clues so that I can find my  cousin sooner. Even though I see who led her, I cannot see the car that took her. Maybe they knew about the cameras.

However, it's very weird.

“How did they know that she would come back that day?” I thought.

Suddenly, I notice something in the video. I see a long-haired girl in the scene. It seems like she was taking pictures around there.

“That girl, her standing position, she probably captured the car,” I thought.

I should zoom in on the picture and tell them to find this girl. Maybe she can help me.

As I zoom in on the picture, I see her face.

“She is cute,” I thought.

“What am I thinking about? I should focus on serious business,” I shake my head and think.

After finishing, I print the picture out. Then I leave the room.

“Tomorrow, I will tell them to look for this girl,” I thought.

In the town

In the evening

At Michelle’s house

Michelle POV

While I’m cooking in the kitchen, I hear my doorbell ring. I step out and open the door.

“Hello, Mich,” Jenny and Ren greet me.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” I ask them.

“Hey, don’t be so cold. We came here to visit you and Ann. I bought some snacks and candies for her,” Jenny said.

“She just lost her memories. She is not a kid that you bring candies for,” I said and walk back to the kitchen.

“Where is she?” Jenny asks.

“She is in the family room watching TV,” I said.

Ren comes with me to the kitchen.

“What do you want?” I glare at him and ask.

“As expected from my childhood friend, you know my intention. You are getting smarter every day,” He said and pats my head.

“Hey, I’m not a kid. And what do you mean by saying that? You mean I’m stupid?” I said in an annoyed tone.

“Sorry, Sorry. I was just kidding,” He said and laughs.

“So, any progress?” Ren asks me.

“Her condition is getting better. She acts more like an adult than the first day I saved her,” I answer.

“Not that, I mean any progress with her so far?” He asks and winks at me.

“What?” I said.

“You know what I mean,” He said and giggles.

“We are….”

When I’m about to say something, I hear Ann’s voice. She is screaming. Immediately, I rush to the room. I see she is screaming and struggling in Jenny’s grip.

“Michelle, Michelle, help me, Michelle,” She calls and cries.

“Let go of me,” She struggles and tries to free herself.