Part 2

In the small town

In the morning

Michelle's POV

I slowly open my eyes and startle when I see a pair of eyes looking at me.

"Ah... what is it?" I shout and push myself away.

*BAM*

I lose my balance and fall to the floor. Then I remember that last night Ann came to my room to sleep. I sit up and rub my head.

"What are you doing? Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask her with an annoyed tone.

"I woke up, but I didn’t know what to do. So, I sat and waited for you to wake up," she innocently said.

I sigh.

"Next time, don’t ever do that again. You could give me a heart attack," I said and stand up.

Then I notice the clock near me. It is 8:00 a.m.

"What?? It's already 8:00. Why didn't my alarm ring?" I shout in surprise.

"You mean the very loud and noisy sound that woke me up?" she asks, acting as if the sound is terrible.

"It did ring?" I ask her, and she nods.

"What did you do?" I ask her.

"It was so annoying. I was afraid you would be woken up by that. So, I decided to turn it off, but I didn't know how. Therefore, I put it under the pillow to silence it," she said.

"I want to scream out loud right now. I want my peaceful life back," I shout in my mind and rush to change my clothes and quickly prepare for school.

I immediately rush out of the house. Before closing the door, I turn around and said to her.

"Stay inside, don’t go out alone. There's some food in the fridge. Take it out and eat if you're hungry. Turn on the TV if you're bored. I'll be back in the evening."

Then I rush to school.

"I’m going to be late," I thought while running as fast as I could.

Luckily, I reach the school at the same time as the school bell. I tiredly walk down the hallway.

"Hey Mich, what’s up?" someone calls and pats my shoulder.

I turn around to see who it is.

"Jenny," I tiredly said.

Jenny Marquez, my cousin. She's an English teacher.

"Wow Mich, you look like you've been working overnight for a week," the man next to her said.

"You could say that, Ren," I effortlessly said.

Ren, a science teacher, Jenny’s boyfriend. He's older than me though. He's the son of the principal of this school.

"What happened?" Ren asks.

"I'll let you know after school. Right now, I have to run. I have an early class," I said and rush to the classroom.

In my classroom

"Good morning, teacher," my students greet me.

"Good morning," I said.

"Did you prepare for today's test?" I ask them.

"Yes," they said in unison.

"Okay," I said and write the questions on the board.

Then I sit at my desk.

"Is she really okay by herself?" I thought.

"I wonder if she knows how to warm the food."