1

The sharp cold breeze of this chilly night wakes goosebumps over my skin. My skin prickled at the crowd gathered here. It looked as if the whole town had come to this pub. 

" It's going to be amazing today. I can just feel it." Amara giggled excitedly holding Joe and Nat's hands, as they buzzed with energy. I could never believe these were my friends. There's nothing wrong with me really, these people are just crazy. 

Amara, Nat, and Joe. They didn't make me regret my deranged social interactions. They were social enough for me. And that's why, when I said I wanted to celebrate, my friends didn't hesitate, spruced me up, all ready to knock out this place. 

I'm in an exceptionally perfect mood today because my work has been pretty much a success since it started. And today we banged an impressive deal, and I'm proud of myself.

I walked forward to the entrance where the queue was getting longer. I quickly cut through the queue showing the VIP pass. I heard sounds of protest from Amara and Nat as they came running towards me, the six feet bodyguard sized us up. I'm dressed in a black glittery bodycon, paired up with high heel boots and minimal jewelry. Nat did the eye thing which I'm not sure what bird and Amara did the hair. Not complaining since I looked pretty, I didn't argue. I internally rolled my eyes as he was speculating whether or not to let us in. Though my friends are big bad party animals, they are as small as a high school kid. None of them reached me above my neck, except Joe. 

" Come on Chlo, why are we-" Amara started whining when she realized he still didn't let us in. 

Nat and Amara groaned in unison as they dug for their IDs. The shorties. Guards presumed they were minors when in reality we are twenty-five. I'm a solid 5'5, but I'm not as miserable as them. They shoved the ID to his face and ran inside.

This pub was lit. Different lights swirled across the large place with VIP booths in each corner. In the middle was a large area where the bartenders worked their talents by pouring drinks. If I didn't run LUVAT, I would be a professional bartender. Being a bartender has more benefits than being a CEO and moreover it's fun. We get free drinks, and we party every night. Though I don't appreciate parties every day, my friends love it. So I'll trade them one.

People are dancing crazy, sweaty bodies swaying to the music. As my job requires, I need to deal with all my company's responsibilities and as an elder child of my house, I'm always in control. I'm always conscious of my surroundings, of my people. Letting loose isn't an option. And I've never considered it. Losing my father has most definitely been the mark of me growing up. And now, it's a long due I considered my personal life, starting today. 

The place is not as bad as I expected, people are cool, not bad drunks. They are classy drunks if that even means something. We go and take a seat on one of those stools. I'm just open-minded and very giddy to get my ass drunk. I've only drank two times. Those stories are for another day as I see Joe, Amara and Nat looks at me expectantly. 

" Guys, get me the strong one." I said to them over the loud music as I hooted awkwardly, lifting my hands in the air. An attempt to show my excitement. 

" Yaaaasssss" They cheered together, as Joe ordered two Bloody Mary to that huge bartender. Sometimes I wonder if they are triplets from different mothers. It's not the first time they spoke in sync.

 " I'll get gin and tonic on the rocks, please" Am ordered as she turned around to us. 

" Did you know that Alex in HR has declared that he doesn't wanna be in closet anymore." she said dramatically as she covered her face with her hands and Natasha Romanoff laughed silently. 

" I kind of guessed it already. Have you heard his name? It sounds gay." Nat laughed as she patted Amara sympathetically. Nat is very bold and straight forward. People don't take honesty and truths nicely. 

Joe gasped. " Excuse me, What do you mean, sounds gay?" he asked, offended.

I did what I always do, hit Nat on the arm, tilted my head as I warned her with my eye. "Oh Joe, I didn't mean it in a bad way." Nat hissed as she replied to Joe, while she rubbed the area I hit her. 

"But he did look badass with that shirt" Her face depicted a shy smile. 

Joe looked at her and said " Well, you can't judge a person like that." He turned to Amara and askes with a serious face. 

"Can you forward his number to me?". DRAMA QUEEN. He did all that for this. I rolled my eyes as a small grin formed on my face. Nat and Amara laughed loudly. 

Nat  turned to the bartender and gave him a coy look and said " Hey handsome, can I have a pint of beer and a shot of you?" she batted her eyelashes flirtingly, as she leaned forward on the table. 

He cleared his throat and moved away as he replied " Right away." The bartender visibly flushed, a shy tint of pink grazing his cheeks. He shuffled back inside to get her drink and she turned back to us proud of her work. 

"Damn woman, how did you- WOW" Amara answered in awe. 

Natasha flipped her hair, as I rolled my eyes and Shaked my head. Our drinks arrived and I took an eager shot, only to choke on my first drink. 

"Whoa there.. Easy tiger. Let's go slow yea?" Joe patted my back, as he ordered another of the same. 

Both the girls looked at me worried as I gave them a huge grin. The two of my girlfriends are vogue pretty. Amara is a bubbly girl of Asian descent, her body is painted in a beautiful tan. She carries herself in such elegance, that I envy. Natasha is the bad girl. Her hourglass body attracts first, not far back is her character. She is THE social energy. She is bold, and ready to face any shit she is thrown towards. 

When did my conscience become so good at describing. 

It must be the alcohol. 

And there is Joe. My sweetheart. My childhood best friend. My family. Without him, I wouldn't have come this far. His emotional support was something I didn't know I needed. He is the godfather of my nonexistent baby.

 Not that I'm having one... 

"Guys I'm planning to hook up today" I think of telling this to them. 

"What"
"What the fuck"
"excusewhgfuh-"

Joe spit his drink on the table and they all scream simultaneously. 

Definitely triplets