Prologue

"Ooh, big talk! It's not like you did anything last time." I hear a voice say from the other side of the building my friends always hang out in.

I poke my head through the door and notice [REDACTED] standing in front of me with a new helmet and fake gun.

"Man, we're never gonna get to play as the Westalis army." The same voice from before sighs out. I giggle slightly causing them all to turn towards me.

I take a step away from the door frame as I smile at them. "Hey medic." They all say at the same time as I wave in response.

"If any of you want to help set up for the fair tomorrow we'd appreciate the help." The three boys further into the building all glance at each other, clearly not wanting to help set up. [REDACTED] just continues to stare at me.

"We would but we need to sharpen up our soldier skills." The boy with glasses replies as the other two nod vigorously.

I give a small pout but quickly smile again as I figured I'd receive an answer like that. "It's alright you guys have fu-"

"I'll help set up." His voice interrupts my own and my face flushes slightly as I make eye contact with him. "Really?" He nods and places his gun on the floor.

My face lights up as I grab his arm and begin to drag him out of the building. I hear the other three call out our code names as we leave as I continue to smile.

As we get further away I let go of his arm and our pace slows down to a more natural one. "Thanks for offering to help Advisor." I say as I glance towards him.

He still has his helmet on and when he smiles back at me in return it becomes slightly crooked on his head. "It's no problem. I'm actually pretty excited for the fair tomorrow."

I hum in agreement. "Same here. I can't wait to try all the treats from the stalls." He chuckles "Sometimes I forget how much of a sweet tooth you have." I laugh along with him.

─── ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ ───

"Two croquettes please." I say as we both take out some coins to pay for them. As I reach for my coin pouch I notice my cat keychain is missing.

I begin to frantically look around where we're standing and can't find it at all. "Is something wrong?" I look towards him and he becomes shocked at my sad face.

"I can't find my keychain." I murmur as I drop my head down slightly. "Maybe you left it back at the building?" He suggests and my eyes light up.

The croquette lady hands us our croquettes and I quickly take a bite before running off back towards the building. "I'll meet you back here in a few minutes." I shout towards him as I get farther away. I can see him chuckling as he waves me off.

I don't stop running until the building is in my line of sight and I notice the other three running in my direction. All of us stop as we get closer to one another.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask. The freckled one answers this time. "We were going to join you two. What are you doing back here?"

"I think I dropped my keychain out here so I went back to look for it." Before any of us could utter another word, loud booms distracted us.

I begin to shake as I realize what's happening. "Over there!" I barely register those words as I feel myself getting pulled into some bushes.

The four of us try our best to stay hidden and safe as we cower behind a thick clump of bushes. I hope [REDACTED] is going to be okay. I think as my eyes start to ring.

─── ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ ───

"Here are the documents you asked for Handler." I say as I walk into her office and place them down on her desk.

She hums as she picks them up and begins to read them. "You know, considering you recruited me to shadow you and your position you sure do send me out on a lot of missions." I huff out as I sit on top of her desk.