"AHHHHHHHH"

He was driving his car -which he stole from someone- while watching YouTube on a phone he stole.

As he drove, all the people on the sidewalk turned around, with the people who have phones searching "monocle prices" on Google.

He looked up from the phone and stared at the people walking away and ravaging the only person with a monocle already on -for the monocle- with a nostalgic smile on his face.

"Ah... this was where I first appeared."

...

"AHHHHHHHHHHH-" The -self-proclaimed- pretty boy screamed.

An obviously drunk, rough, and, frankly, fat man that was walking by him was startled and jumped up, nervously looking around to make sure nobody suspected him of doing anything inappropriate to him.

After looking around for a bit he sighed in relief at looked at him.

"Go fuck yourself, asshole!"

"U-uh... sure." The young man seemed to be more calm now.

As he said that, the rough looking man suddenly stopped, before walking again, a smile on his face.

As the man left, the young man seemed to stare into the space infront of him.

Eventually, the young man smiled, walking towards his house.

He lifted his phone that was in his hand while walking, being lightly surprised by the fact that it was already on "monocle prices" before searching for the most expensive monocle he could buy.

...

He sat on His bed, surprised.

How am I so... calm?

He lightly pinched his monocle, feeling the wizard's hat and coat he bought on His body.

He randomly got the abilities of a fictional character, and He... immediately cosplayed as them?

No, it felt like instinct to immediately get that monocle.

Is this a side effect? Amon probably wore a monocle for most of his life after all...

That guy I parasitized didn't feel it as strongly as me...

Then again, he... no it's Him, isn't it? He didn't feel it as strongly as me. Well, that's what he conveyed anyway.

...Why am I so calm about Me betraying Myself?

That calmness was likely a side effect of becoming a born mythical creature.

"Haaa..." He sighed, not knowing what to do.

Might as well just call my sister to brag.

Although it felt a bit boring, her reaction would probably be funny.

He grabbed His phone that was next to Him, opening His contacts.

His monocle covered eye twitched, then He double-checked.

Why the hell is her number not on here?

He sighed, slightly losing His motivation, before typing her number in.

"This number does not exist."

Huh?

He rapidly typed in the number of His best friend.

"This number does not exist"

Sweat trickled down His face as he typed in another number.

"This number does no-"

Then another.

"This number does n-"

Another.

"This number doe-"

Another one.

"This numb-"

He slowly typed in another number.

It was His father's number.

His only parent.

He slowly hovered over the green button.

And pressed it.

It ringed a few times before it stopped.

"Hello? Is there someone there?" A women's voice came out of the phone.

He excitedly put the phone to his ear.

"Hello? Do you know my dad? I'm-" He spoke hurriedly.

"Oh, it's you again? I'm afraid he's still comatose if that's what you're asking about, you can still visit though." The voice sounded carefree, yet it betrayed a hint of worry.

"Exuse me?" He did a double take.

"Uh... yeah? Y'know, incident and all." She seemed close to Him.

"Oh. Thank you." He replied.

"Please take care of yourself."

The call ended, but He continued being in that position for a few minutes.

He slowly looked at the phone, glancing at the notification from someone called "Tree hugger".

I have no idea who that is.

Nevertheless, this further confirmed His theory.

That He, instead of suddenly getting the abilities, transmigrated.

He pressed the notification, His eyes widening slightly as He did.

________

Tree hugger: You really aren't joining the library? I could easily get you in.
________

Library? That sounds... familiar...

He scrolled up the text history.
________

12:01
Tree hugger: Even if you don't want to join The Serpent's Hand you could help.

Tree hugger: The Serpent's Hand is more of a... community group, rather then an official one. You could just say openly that your a member randomly, and no one could refute you.

You: really? that seems really disorganized

Tree hugger: It is lol.

14:05
Tree hugger: That ritual for your dad is coming up, do you want to watch today?

14:40
Tree hugger: by the way...
_________

He smiled as He read the last message again.

I wonder what He's doing now?

He got up from the bed, picking up the wizard's hat that fell on it and putting it back on.

He typed out a reply using the text patterns he saw from the previous body's owner.
__________

You: fine

You: I'll join

__________

____________------------------

It's weird, everytime I say I'm going to get myself an update schedule/make more regular updates I dissapear for either a year or few months.

Eh, I was able to completely read ORV and LOTM during that time and catch up completely with Genshin and Star Rail while still having time for Honkai Impact so I don't really care.

That being said, Thelema is total mommy material. And we all bark for mommy.

I already have most of the second chapter written, so it won't take that long to come out, I promise.

Not jinxing it this time.