Chapter 59- Understanding

Começar do início

"My apologies, yes I'm fine." She lied.

"What's your name? I haven't seen you before..." I inquired, still looking sympathetic.

"My name is Evelyn, pleased to meet you!" She politely grinned. Evelyn was a tall pretty lady with black hair, hazel eyes and honey colored skin.

She seemed kind but she was foolish to tell me more about her. It's not up to me what Alastor or y/n decide to do, I'm just helping out my friends and wanting to keep them alive. Although, I know I will feel a tinge of regret when I tell them about her.

I need to make sure it's her first...

"You look tired, did you not get enough sleep dear?" I tilted my head, acting supportively.

"No, not really..." She sighed.

"That's a shame, so you know why? I could give you some advice, I have trouble sleeping sometimes too" I lied and wore a fake, concerned expression.

"I just saw something and it's plagued my mind ever since, I don't want to talk anymore about it." Evelyn stuttered and continued with what she was doing.

Hmm...

A few minutes of silence followed as she packed my bags.

"Have you heard about that asylum burned down?..." I asked and Evelyn's eyes widened in panic. "...some say a few didn't perish and still roams the streets"

"I-" Her breathing was shaky and she held her hands, anxiously. "Can I ask you something?..."

"What is it?" I replied, titling my head up at her.

"...If someone saved you by doing something illegal , would you thank them or turn them in?

"I need more context sweetie."

Evelyn paused in thought. "Someone...stole something from this shop but it was in order to protect themselves and me." She lied, looking away.

"I think you should forgive them, they did you a favor. They helped and saved your life...Anyways, stay safe dearie. " I walked out and heard a chime of the door close behind me.

I proceeded to drive my way back to Alastors house, it was hidden away in the woods. I used to be the only one with knowledge of his home until y/n found out.

~time skip~

As I approached the door, I heard a distant angered voice coming from inside.

I'll wait for a moment...

Alastors POV:

"Y/n calm down." I sternly demanded and her expression changed to a more enraged one.

"I am calm!" She shouted and threw a nearby pillow at me, I easily dodged out of its way by sliding to the left and it thumped onto the wall behind me.

"It's not your fault, it's easily fixable! You're over-reacting." I calmly spoke and rolled my eyes.

"I know..." She sighed and looked down at the broken cup she smashed, accidentally.

"I'm just angry, frustrated and sad, for stupid, random reasons! I don't know what to do..." She started to cry and I was taken back from her dramatic mood swing I just witnessed.

Is she going to be like this for over a week?

"It's going to be okay, Mimzy will be back soon and things will get sorted out. Just relax, do you want me to run you a bath?" I insisted and she nodded hastily in reply.

"It's all going to be alright mon amour~" I held her hand, leading her to the bathroom. She sniffled away her tears as she waited for the water to fill the bath tub.

Knock knock knock

That would be Mimzy.

~time skip~

I assisted Mimzy with the bags, she really did buy everything and more.

"Thank you dear, here you go." I shuffled through the cash in my hand and gave her a big chunk. Her face lit up with excitement and greed.

"Alastor~" Y/n called out for me from the bathroom in a flirtatious tone.

"You're welcome, I'll come by again next week?" Mimzy grinned. I nodded and turned around, putting everything in place hurriedly.

"You seem eager to get back upstairs." Mimzy snickered, teasing me. I hummed in annoyance and narrowed my eyes.

"I bought plenty of sanitary products for y/n, if you need hel-" I interrupted her and opened the front door for her.

"No thank you! That will be all, nice seeing you Mimzy bye!" I closed the door behind her and sighed.

———————————————————
A/N

Here is a cute little frog I found: