New School New Life

Elliot never really knew anything about Soulmarks. After all, he never really started school until tomorrow. He looks around the empty house he squatted at. The house was gonna be for sale, but Elliot took away the for sale sign, and nobody has showed up yet, so he seemed to be able to hold out in Blairwood after all. He doesn't dwell on the past, but a couple memories resurfaced. Being abandoned in what seemed like Japan, ending up in America somehow, the cruel kids in the orphanage, and even the 'Man with a sword' incident. Mostly unpleasant memories that put him to drinking and smoking at such a young age. Not cigarettes, they hurt his lungs, instead he turned to cannabis to ease the pain in his Soul.

Elliot wasn't dumb, it's not like he would benefit too much from 4th grade. He was extremely smart for his age. He did reroute power and water into the empty house, and he managed to buy a bed after awhile, though it took most of his money that he earned. He's been barely surviving day by day, since it's not easy to get food, but at least he's been doing better in living condition for now. One memory did resurface that wasn't bad in any way, but it intrigued him. Last year, a bunch of colored handprints appeared all over his body. however he didn't understand what they meant. He had 20 of them before they disappeared. He was hoping to have an answer for that, or if it was a Japan thing.

Elliot checked on his Soul. There was a noticeable crack in the center, along with 2 thin cracks branching off the big one. Soul damage is impossible to heal. Even if someone managed to heal up his Soul, there'd be a large scar where the damage was. Elliot can only guess the cause of it, whether it was physical or emotional/mental.

Elliot stopped all his thoughts, as he would be late for school. He took a couple of hits from an unfinished joint he rolled before heading out. He catches the bus in time and saw his friends sitting in the back. Well, Elliot hasn't been friends with them for too long, he's only known them from the past 3 months, and most of the time it was Amy. "Hey, Elliot!" Amy calls him out, waving to him from the back. Elliot sits down next to Amy. "Hey, did you hear about the new girl?" Amy asks him. Elliot looks to her. "New girl?" He asks. "Yeah, she's in the back left seat." Terry responded. "She looks weird." He continues, before receiving a punch to the back of the head from Sylvia. "Ow, what the hell was that for!?" Terry snaps. "You shouldn't judge people on how they look!" Sylvia says. Amy nods in agreement.

Elliot looks over to the girl in the back. Her skin was pure white. Her black hair is covering her eyes, and It almost goes down to her ankles. She wore a plain white dress, and black shoes to go with. She didn't look weird to Elliot, instead, he was fascinated by her. She was beautiful, And Elliot felt his Soul was thumping in his chest. Did he like her? What was this feeling? "Elliot?" Amy called him out, which snapped him back from his thoughts, and he looks to Amy. "You were spacing out." She tells him. "Sorry." Elliot responds, rubbing the back of his head.

It was Elliot's first time in a school. He's never been in one before, and had to pull some tricks. Since he learned of his magical capabilities, he used illusion magic to make up a Guardian for him to apply here. (At least I won't be the only new kid here.) Elliot thought. Amy said that we had room ### with Ms. Blair. I had found the classroom, and after waiting for the rest of the class, Ms. Blair called me and Erma tithe front. "Class, today we have 2 new students. Say hello to Elliot and Erma." The teacher introduces us to the class. "Heya." I say with my lazy smile. Erma gives a wave.

Elliot quickly noticed how unique Erma was. She can levitate items, fly, and can disfigure or dismember any part of her like an action figure. To say the least, she's traumatized the class, except Elliot. He had seen worse, given the past 10 years of hell without parents, or a Guardian that actually gave a fuck about him. The orphanage was just as abusive as the streets, the only difference being he had access to food in the orphanage, despite how little of food he'd actually get, it was something. It was only when he did unlock his magic was he able to escape. Elliot snapped put of his past, and walked up to Erma, who was drawing a flower with a floating piece of chalk on the chalkboard.

"Heya." Elliot calls out to Erma. She turns around to face him, and for the first time he was able to see half of her face. Her eye was inverted, like his left eye, which was also something he was bullied for having. It made him sympathize with her more, making sense why she has her hair cover her face. Elliot also covers his left eye with his hair. "Name's Elliot, what's yours?" She points to herself and signs her name in chalk on the chalkboard, reading Erma. He guessed she was mute, considering how she answered.

"So you're mute, huh? S'okay, I don't judge, though so much for CHALKIN up a conversation." Elliot's bad pun made Erma giggle. Erma's giggle at his pun made Elliot's Soul feel a warmth inside, making his smile more genuine.

School won't be soo bad afterall.