-𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣-

The following morning...

My eyes opened, heavy with sleep. the light through my pale curtains gracefully mocked my messy desk, cluttered with wrappers and paper with lists... everything I planned to take. Maybe I overdid it?

I reached down to pick it up just as it vibrated, sending an unpleasant buzz through my ears and adding to my already developing headache. What on earth was I doing up so late? Senku was right... I was not a morning person. As I locked eyes with the bright screen, it face id unlocked (technology, am I right?) and my screen lit up with a notification that brought me both joy and another painfully tedious task. I forgot again.

"Yuzurihas birthday in 1 day"

Damn it.

Forcing myself out of bed, possibly the hardest task of this generation to say goodbye to, I'd sauntered to my wardrobe and flung open the doors to choose what I'd wear to school today. one more day...It was Friday, for Christ's sakes. I'd picked out the most basic of clothes (idk you choose) and toddled off to the bathroom, closing the white door behind me. Soon enough I'd gulped down my cereal, my parents running around and jumping out of the door so they wouldn't be late for work, leaving me alone.

I let out a puff of air and breathed in again, we had to make sure Yuzu didn't get suspicious about our birthday surprise for her, but knowing Taiju, me and Senku might find that a challenging task. The guy doesn't keep his mouth shut, and sometimes that can be inconvenient.

With the thought still in my head, i shot off a quick text to the 'birthday planners gang' group chat, as Taiju insisted we call it. Senku was not impressed, but no complaints were heard.

Y/N : Everyone knows what they're doing, right?

Senku : Yeah, don't be a pain and panic all day or Yuzuriha will know something's going on.

Taiju: That is not nice!

Senku : Keep your big mouth shut too, you idiot.

Well, at least they all knew what they were doing...

The walk to school was just as boring as usual, the same way every day. The gates came into view and i saw a few groups of people gathered here and there waiting to be let in, i scanned through the crowd and saw Taiju, talking to one of his fellow students, whose name i didn't know. Taiju was friends with most of the people, so he was always talking to somebody else... If only i was that outgoing.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and took off my headphones, placing them in my bag. i walked over to Taiju and gave him a friendly wave. He quickly caught my eye and signalled for me to join him as he waved goodbye to his other companion.

"Hey, Taiju!"

"Morning y/n...you haven't seen Yuzuriha, have you? We need to be conspicuous," he said as if pretending to be a spy.

"I had no idea you knew such big words, but yeah...secretive," I laughed, playing along with his silly game.

"I had to google it this morning, do you think Senku'll be impressed?", his eyes twinkled, hoping for a reason for Senku to stop insulting him.

"Possibly? one way to find out," I grinned, speeding up to catch up with Taiju's inhuman speed and impossibly long legs.

Senku was already in the lab by the time we got to the top, Taiju waved us off as he made his way to his registration class. i watched my step this time as i stepped into the lab and leaned against the empty desk next to Senku.