𝟐𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫

Start from the beginning

I don't deserve this title......I can't......

"I--"

He gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze, "I know you doubt yourself, but I know you well enough that you're a force to be reckoned with," a smile filled with such sincerity, and assurance made my heart beat faster. My cheeks grow warm from his praise, "I'll respect your answer, whether you will or won't..........but remember that your skills alone will progress as your grow. Don't forget that, my child......"

My breath slightly hitches in my throat while dwelling whether I should accept, or give it all up was enough to make someone's mind to collapse.

The hesitance wracks over my body, still recovering and now I'm about to be promoted if I agree. My big brother gave it all he could, but then again I didn't know him well enough to know what the others thought of him. However there was one thing that made me want to walk the path of the hashira......and thats to not let Big Brother's death to be left in vain. I needed to step up and take that roll, to prove him that I can become stronger. To prove to my own damned father that a woman can do anything, if she sets her mind to it. 

Taking a deep breath after a while I bow my head, "I accept, and shall make you proud, Master," before I went back down on one knee, to fully accept this promotion. 

This meant many benefits being a Hashira, but that didn't bother me at the slightest. All I wanted to do was get my body treated and fully recovered, so i can prepare my body mentally and physically for any battle dangerous as the one I came out alive from. This was my chance to prove brother wrong......

"Then stand, you're now Hayami Mizutsuki 'The Dragon Pillar'," Master declares, with conviction behind his words. "Welcome my child......you're now one of the Pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps."

Turning around, I bow to the four Hashira before me, with red cheeks and a warm smile.

"Now that's what I call a flashy promotion!!!!" Tengen exclaims loudly, his hand grasping the air with a drive of his flamboyant self. His beads and jewels on his headpiece jingle softly in response, and reflects in the sunlight, "Welcome Mizutsuki, pleasure to finally have ya!"

The red beads grind together seeing a faint smile, "My congratulations goes to you, Mizutsuki," Himejima nods, in acknowledgement. "Your efforts in training, did not go in vain."

Giyuu remains rather nonchalant, but gives me a quiet nod in response. 

Sanemi grins ear to ear with a patronising look, "Don't get too confident," he teases, playfully. He knew that I wasn't confident with my abilities, but he knew how to make me lift a smile at least. "Welcome....."

"Thank you everyone,"

~*~

"Feels too surreal..........." 

Murmuring to myself whilst curled in Sanemi's lap, as his fingers thread through my shoulder length hair. It was only a few hours ago that I was promoted a Hashira, and I know that it carries the weight of many slayers below my rank. Meaning that I'm their last resort, if something was to become far dangerous and serious to step in. 

"You made it, at least," He scoffs playfully, his fingers threading continuously though my hair. "Despite what happened, you did manage to pull through. No one usually can make it out alive, even from an Upper Moon........."

In deep thought I sunk into his warm embrace while watching the cherry blossom petals fall, ever so gracefully in the wind.

"I appreciate your support," I spoke softly, while a petal drifts to the palm of my hand. "I just........don't feel like I truly earned the title, right now at least. That's why I'll work harder, and live up the expectations.......of a Hashira."