Us three: part 2- Vada Cavell and Mia Reed

"Y/n honey, please get up." Your mom cooed softly as she sat on the edge of your bed. Your body was shaking and your eyes were red from the tears that had been streaming down your face for two weeks straight.

Every time you closed your eyes you saw Quinton covered in blood, the sound of the gunshots ringing through your mind for hours on end. That was the day that you had lost 27 classmates, six of those being your friends, one being your best friend.

The last text you had from Leyah was twenty seconds after the shooting started. "I love you." was all it said, you hadn't ever responded, at least, not when she would have seen it. Every day you lay in bed and stare at that text, wondering why he did it.

Why did you need to lose her, why did Quinton need to lose his brother, and why did so many people need to lose someone they loved that day?

"Why?" You managed to whisper as a reply to your mom, your hair sticking to the side of your face with sweat and tears. Your mom had a sad smile on her face as she reached out and placed a hand on yours.

"You need to eat and drink something." She said softly, tugging on your arm and trying to pry you out of bed. It wasn't that you weren't hungry or thirsty, but you didn't have the motivation to do anything at all. You barely had the energy to breathe.

"I'll be there in a second." You lied, shrugging her off. You knew that you needed a shower and a meal, but at this point, you didn't care if you disappeared into your bed. Your mom just gave you a nod before standing up and leaving your room, the door open behind her. "Mom can you shut my door?" you called but got no response.

You sat up with a groan, but the second your feet touched the floor, your phone buzzed, an unknown number texting you.

Unknown: Hi, is this Y/n?

You: Yeah, who is this.

Unknown: It's Vada

Your heart stopped as you read that text, the memory of being in that bathroom stall with her flashing through your mind. But despite the sudden shock, you wrote a quick reply.

You: Oh, hi. How are you doing?

Vada: My bed has now taken the shape of my body. You?

You: The same.

Vada: So Mia reached out and wants us to come over but she didn't have your number...

You: Oh okay, when?

Vada: In like an hour, you down?

You looked down at yourself and the clothes that you had been in for a week straight, your greasy hair falling into your vision. The thought of seeing the two girls whom you had shared trauma with gave you intense anxiety, but at the same time, you felt it was necessary.

You: Yeah I'll be there

Vada: I'll text you the address

As soon as she replied with the address you felt the motivation to take a shower, not wasting any time. As soon as you were out of the shower you put on sweats and a t-shirt before doing your makeup for the first time in as long as you could remember.

"Mom, I'm headed out." You said as you walked down the hallway, grabbing your keys off of the kitchen counter.

"Where are you going?" She asked quickly, standing up from the couch and practically blocking you from going out of the door until you explained.

"Some friends invited me to stay the night, can I go?" You knew that you weren't quite telling the truth, there was no invitation to stay the night and you couldn't consider them friends but you knew she would say no otherwise.

"Oh uhm," you could tell she was shocked as her shoulders relaxed and she took a step to the side, "Yeah I guess that's fine, just be safe."

"I will, love you Mom." Without saying anything else you walked out of the front door and hopped in your car, putting the address Vada gave you into your GPS and making the fifteen-minute drive there.

You pulled up to a huge house, the large gates opening for your car to pull through. The sheer size of this place made you wonder if you even had the right place, but you knew you did as soon as Vada and Mia came out of the house.

"Hey," you smiled as you got out of the car, unsure how to greet the two girls. Thankfully you didn't have the time to feel awkward before Mia wrapped you in a large hug, burying her head into your neck.

"Thank you for coming." She whispered lightly before she let go of you. Vada then stepped up to you awkwardly and gave you a slightly less intimate hug.

"Thank you for inviting me." You replied to Mia as Vada let go. You were hesitant about coming but you felt a weird sense of comfortability around these two women.

"I'm sorry about Leyah," Mia muttered suddenly, the name and the memory catching you off guard, "I know you two were close."

"Yeah, she was practically my sister." You said softly, barely keeping tears from slowly rolling down your cheeks as you thought of the girl you loved so dearly. Thankfully before you were able to break down, Vada spoke.

"Let's head inside, Mia and I were about to smoke some weed, you want to join?"

You thought for a moment, you had only been high twice, both times with Leyah, but it did make you feel better at the time. Plus it's not like you had anything to lose anyway.

"Sure, why not."