Broken Trust: part 2- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1804

After these words were spoken between you and Ethan, you walked back into the living room, acting like nothing happened. Thankfully, you were a much better actor than you thought, because you weren't just fooling them.

Yes... you were going to kill someone tonight, but it was not going to be Tara or any of your friends. After your sister had killed, you went down a deep spiral of all of the internet chat groups and other fans, till you found Ethan and Quinn.

After a few weeks of chatting with them, you admitted to each other that you were the siblings of Richie and Amber. You had thought they were your friends and that they would want to grieve the same as you, but you were wrong.

When you moved to New York they begged you to keep it a secret that they were siblings, and then they filled you in on their plan to finish what your families had started.

You knew they were absolutely crazy. You loved Tara more than anything in the world, and even the thought of her being killed because of you was something you couldn't bear. But you knew if you said no, they would have killed you right then. And you couldn't go to the police seeing as their father, an officer himself, was in on it all.

So you agreed. But you knew you were lying, and you wouldn't let anything happen to your friends or Tara. You loved them, and you don't kill the people you love.

"Babe? You okay?" Taras soft voice interrupted your thoughts as she put her hand on hers. Staring into her eyes just made everything better and put all of your fears at ease. You knew tonight was going to be the hardest night of your life and you knew your friends might never forgive you, but it was something you had to do.

"Yeah, I'm okay love, just thinking." You smiled softly as you took a sip of your water, sitting back and gripping her hand in yours. She seemed to accept this answer because she just smiled and went back to her conversation with Mindy.

"Well I better get going, I have Econ," Ethan said suddenly, standing up and sending you a look that no one else noticed. You knew what this meant. He would be back in about an hour, and he was going to be wielding a knife.

"Alright, have fun." Chad smiled at his friend, your heart practically shattering. It was painful that you knew the truth and couldn't tell them yet. If you told them too soon, Ethan, Quinn, and their father would all get away with it, and you couldn't let that happen.

You owed it to Tara and Sam to stop this once and for all. So as you watched Ethan walk out of the door, you prepared for whatever you would have to do to make sure everyone in this house got out of this alive.

***Time skip***

You were all in the kitchen teasing Sam about her new boyfriend from across the hall when your phones all dinged in unison, your heart-stopping. You knew exactly what this meant, yet when you pulled your phone out of your pocket and saw an image of Ghostface 'killing' Quinn, it still shocked you.

"Go, we gotta go!" You yelled, grabbing everyone and rushing them out, you wanted nothing more than to get everyone out of this without it being obvious that you weren't helping Ethan anymore.

As you all rushed into the living room, Quinn's body' came out of her room, Ethan not too far behind. You grabbed Tara's hand and ran for the door, seeing Chad and Mindy right on your heels. You didn't stop for a second, you just ran out the door and down two flights of stairs.

"Wait! Wait!" Tara yelled causing you to turn around quickly. That's when you saw that it was just you, Tara, and Chad in the stairwell, everyone else still being where you left them. "I'm not leaving Sam!" Tara said, trying to pull away and run back upstairs.