Chapter 2

The Nurse Lady was lovely to be completely honest. She let Rose pick out a fun shaped eye patch for Ivy since the ball had hit her on the side of the head, really close to her eye. There was a really bad bruise there. After they were finished, Rose and Ivy Headed out and proceeded to walk down the corridor. Two girls came running up to them as soon as the left. 

"Hi, Ivy isn't it?" One girl asked, she had short, dark brown hair, dark skin and black eyes. 

"How do you know my name?" Ivy asked.

"Sorry we heard Rose yell your name when she saw the ball, we are in the same class if you were wondering" The other girl said. This time she had medium-length light brown hair and light green eyes and pale skin.

Suddenly there was a loud shrill over their heads as Ivy Clapped her hands over her ears and stumbled into Rose a little.

When it was over, Ivy opened her eyes, somehow, they had scrunched shut. 

"Are you okay? I mean, I know the bell is loud but not THAT loud" The first girl asked.

"Yeah, I'm Fine." Ivy said bitterly.

"Okay them, By the way, I'm Ashley, Ash for short, and this is Matilda" The first girl pointed to herself, then her comrade. 

"Well, you already know my name, but I'm Ivy" Ivy introduced "And this is-" She was abruptly cut off.

"No need, we know Rose already, she's in our chemistry group" Ash said.

"Alrighty then" Ivy said as her belly rumbled, and Ivy ducted her head in embarrassment.

"Lunch it is then?" Rose asked and Ivy just smiled at her. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they had all sat down with their food, Matilda and Ash talked quietly amongst themselves. Ivy played a bit with her food using her fork and yawned. She pushed the food tray away from herself and lay her head down on her arms. When she closed her eyes, she felt someone stroking her hair. She didn't know who it was, but it felt nice. 

The bell went again, and the group left for classes. Overall, the rest of the day was alright, of course Ivys teachers asked if she was okay when they saw her with a eye-patch. The only class she didn't have with the rest of the group was history. 

Ivy sat, listening to the teacher while doodling in her notebook, but it turned into a full on sketch of a dragon head. Ivy liked dragons, they were cool and powerful. 

Ivy finished the day and found Rose waiting at the front for her.

"Ready to head home?" Rose asked.

"yeah" Ivy responded with a happy smile.

They mostly walked in silence. Ivy just felt happy and light when she was around her best friend. While yes, she hadn't seen her for years, but she didn't think she'd missed her that much. They finally reached Ivy's house. 

"This is mine, got to go" Ivy said, pointing to the light-coloured brick house with a tidy garden.

"Alright, see you tomorrow?" Rose asked.

"you bet" Ivy grinned. 

Okay, finally chapter 2 is done! What do you think of Ash and Matilda? I like the characters. I will add one or two more characters in the next chapter too, because I don't know where else to introduce them. I have a lot of creative ideas for this series, but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

BTW Here are Ash and Matilda \/    Both designs are by my friend; WonderingEmerald