Mizuki Akiyama

I looked down at my test. 88% wasn't that bad, right? I barely passed. It was 87% to pass. Now what? I got a C in physics. Man, that really ruined my score. I usually pass physics with an A. Rui must have gotten a high score. "Rui." I said. I bet he did get a higher grade. "Hm? Oh, why hello Mizuki. Did you need something from me?" He asked as he turned his head to see me. "Yeah, I was wondering, what was your grade?" I hoped he got around the same as me. He was smart though, so that could never happen. "Oh. I got 100% on my test. Physics is pretty easy." Those words stabbed me in the heart. How could I ever get a C as a kid who always gets an A in physics, but he, someone who never passes physics, does better than me? I broke a sweat. "How much did you get, Mizuki? I'm guessing you got 100% too, right? You always do." Rui looked at me. "Why do you look so scared? You passed, right?" He cocked his head to the side. How could I tell him I got a C? This was the worst. "Yeah... about that... I actually go-" Just when I was about to tell him, the bell rang for next period. "Oh, looks like the bell rang. See you after school, Mizuki." He replied. I stared at my feet. "See you, Rui." I said. That was the last time I ever spoke to him.