Week One, Wednesday

Week One, Wednesday

Ayano rises with the sun, and to a note slipped under her door. Curious, she gets out of bed and grabs the note, opening it carefully and inspecting its contents.

‘Ayano,

Would you care to join me for the day on a ride through the town? I’d love to see the nearby area, and the people who call Akademi their home, and I’d be grateful to have your company and sense of direction so that I am not lost or alone. (I’d much rather not have a repeat of yesterday, although I appreciate that you were there to save me from the maze that you call your home.)

Yours truly,

Thank you,

Osano

P.S. I’ll pack a lunch, should you agree.’

Ayano feels quite content, reading the message. Picking up a nearby sheet of paper and a feather pen, she dips the quill into a pot of ink and starts to write back.

‘Osano,

I’d be happy to join you, so that you may see the town in all of its glory. Meet me in the throne room at ten o’clock in the morning.

“Yours truly”,

Ayano Aishi’

She feels her lips tug up ever so slightly as she signs her name, sure that her final words will fluster the prince. She doesn’t revel in this alone, however, as Raibaru quickly enters the room, ready to help Ayano get ready for the day. 

“What’s that?” Raibaru asks, instantly drawn to the paper. 

“A message for the prince.” With a smirk, she asks, “Would you please deliver this to him? If he does not respond to your knocking, just slip it underneath the door.”

“Of course! Right now, or…?” She trails off, looking to Ayano’s closet. “Would you like my assistance first?”

Ayano chuckles. “I do believe that I will be fine on my own for today.”

“Oh, alright. I’ll just go drop this off, and then I’ll tell you if he responds.”

“Thank you,” Ayano says politely, and Raibaru nods before rushing off, clutching the letter tightly.

Ayano turns back to her closet, humming lightly as she chooses an outfit.

‘Nothing too extravagant,’ she thinks, quickly ruling out her more... glamorous outfits. ‘They’d likely get ruined with dirt. And yet, I cannot be too casual, or else…’ More options disappear, leaving a much smaller range of outfits to go between. After a few moments, Ayano pulls out a simple moss green dress, one that she can simply slip on. With practiced ease, the princess ties a small coin purse around her waist, then covers it with a large black ribbon, which she pulls taut so that it cinches and shows off the slight curves in her body. Ayano pulls her hair into a half updo, keeping her hair out of her eyes, but not too close to her ‘other’ look. Lastly, she puts on some black boots that disappear under the fabric of her dress, takes one final look in her mirror to search for imperfections, and walks out of her room.