* ~ Chapter 10 ~ *

The next day, I went to school, still shaken up about what I found. There is no way I was an experiment at that lab. What did I ever do to deserve that? Was I really an experiment? I-I just need to calm the heck down, even if it's only for two seconds. I genuinely did not want to go to school, but of course, my parents just wanted to say that school has nothing to do with mental health. They CAN'T be serious right now. Whatever; I'll just go anyway like I already am.

Before I went to go meet my friends, I decided to take a selfie. But then I saw something. They were faded; just a little water could wash it off. But I still saw it. I saw that number. It was "999-999-9999."

Oh no.

OH NO.

I ran to the bathroom, wetted a paper towel, and then dabbed it on my face until I knew it was gone. Then I went out to meet everyone.

"Hi!" I saw Keiko with Dexter and Charlie. It was her voice.

"Hello!" I beamed. All three of them, along with me, hugged each other. It's surprising how we already trust each other enough to hug. Crazy! We went to the cafeteria and sat down at an empty table. During this time, we all just made some weird and dirty jokes– my treat! All of a sudden, an idea sprung into my mind.

"Kei, let's have a staring contest!"

"Ooh, you're immediately on, Ron."

We stared down at each other. I stared so much time slowed down, and it seemed like my eyes glowed purple. I know, because I was looking at myself through the reflection of my phone screen. There was also a slight draft and some ice. Without me knowing, the frost and ice started to spread all over the cafeteria. Not good. I decided to stop staring.

I kinda forgot that my stares can also stop time and can make my eyes glow purple.

"Ronnie, what the fuck was that?!" Keiko raised an eyebrow.

Dexter put a hand on her shoulder. "It's just a normal occurrence. Don't worry about it." Charlie nodded soon afterward. I looked around the school in a dazed and shocked expression. According to the looks of things, it seems that I have ultimately horrified everyone.

Hopefully they don't get flashbacks in their sleep tonight, or forever.

During first period, I felt weird, so I pulled out my glucose monitor and I checked my blood sugar levels. They were low; about 67. I ate a few Skittles. Looks like I've tasted the rainbow of the pride flag. It actually tastes pretty damn good.

Later on, I was with Dexter. We were roasting each other for no apparent reason.

"Tell me why you look like a stupendously mutated pancake, bitch." I lightheartedly punched his arm. He lightly punched me back.

"Well, you look like a fucking egg yolk."

During the rest of the day, we just fucked around and shit. During 4th period, which was orchestra, I had a little too much fun just playing the violin. Everyone seemed amazed; they were all shocked and some were clapping. Other than that, everyone was smiling. That mattered most to me. Dexter and I were separated right after 4th period, but luckily, I had Keiko.

Luckily, the rest of the day went by normally and quickly. No showing my powers due to anger, and no stupid retards trying to poke fun at me for no apparent reason. After school, me, Dexter and Charlie had formed a plan to try and find that lab. We had a date, time and method. We were just hoping it would work. If it didn't, we were probably doomed.

Anyway, after we prepared, we decided to set off. We knew what we needed to have just in case of survival. It sucks Keiko had to miss out on this, but then again, I had never really asked her to come, and she was already busy with stuff at home.

Charlie flipped her hair. "So, do you know what it looks like?"

"Yeah, seems like it's some huge ass white building. Typical laboratory fashion."

Dexter laughed. "Can't make a black lab now can we?"

"Dexter, shut up." Charlie playfully nudged him, causing him to fall down.

I was chuckling a lot. "Now, now fellas, no time to be racist."

There was a bit of awkward silence before we all just burst out laughing like freaking chickens.

Not gonna lie, going out on an adventure is the best thing ever.

"Wait, look. There's a lake." Dexter pointed out suddenly.

Both me and Charlie gasped in awe. It looked beautiful, with flowers everywhere and from what I could see, there was a pretty nice creek nearby. It seemed magical. Nobody could believe each other's eyes for a split second there. "Definitely remembering this," I said. "This place is so alluring."

"Let's get back to the original mission," Charlie said. "Remember what we came here for."

"Uhm, no offense, but I'm not sure Ronnie is capable of that."

My eyes widened. "Hey!"

Later, we kept walking and joking, but we found nothing. So we decided to just temporarily put this adventure on a hiatus and go home.

One thing that's for sure is that we are finding the lab and the truth.

Actions