Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

           I was laying down on the couch with my head on Abigail's lap. I was practically crying my eyes out. "Jennifer, it's not that bad," Abigail said. "That's what you think. What if he leaves me? What if he's not ready to be a father?" I said through sobs. "I doubt it. I mean he loves you. And well, he must have known the consequences that come with having sex." "Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just exaggerating." "Don't you always?" I sat up and slapped her arm playfully. "I'm guessing you feel better," she said as she stood up. "Yeah, a little," I stood up and looked at her. "So, how you been?" "I've been good. I've missed you though," she said and smiled. I then heard the doorbell and we both walked over to answer it. I opened it and saw Adam standing there wearing black jeans, a black and white plaid shirt, with his converse. His hair was messy but he still looked cute. There was someone else standing next to him. He looked in his late teens. He had black hair and green eyes. He was wearing a red polo shirt with dark blue jeans and his Nikes. I let them both in. Adam hugged me and kissed me. He the whispered, "I missed you," into my ear. I smiled and backed away from him. "Adam, this is my best friend, Abigail," I said pointing to her. "Abigail this is Adam, my bf." I smiled at the last part. "Oh, it's nice to meet you Adam." "Yeah, it's nice to meet you too, Abigail." The guy that was standing next to Adam cleared his throat. "Oh, this is my friend, Xavier. He just moved here. We have been friends since we were little," Adam said. I smiled and said, "What are you guys doing here?" "What, I can't visit my own girlfriend?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. "Well, yeah. But still." "Ok, we came because there's and end of the summer fair each year. And we were wondering if you and Abigail wanted to come with us." "Um, I don't know. Abby do you want to go?" "Yeah, it sounds fun." "Ok, well let's go then," Adam said as he let go of me and grabbed my hand. We all got out of the house and started to walk to where the fair was. We walked and talked. Well, I talked to Abigail and Adam talked to Xavier. "He's pretty cute," Abigail whispered to me. "Yeah, I guess he is. But, my Adam is cuter," I whispered back. "Well, obviously you would say that since you already have him." "True that. But still." "I still can't believe you're-" I put my hand over her mouth before she could say anything else. Adam looked at me and said, "Is something wrong?" "No, um nothing's wrong." "Ok, then why did you put your hand over Abigail's mouth?" Shoot. He saw that. "Because she talks too much?" I said and half smiled. "Oh, ok." "Dude, we're here," Xavier said. I looked at the fair. There were lots of decorations on. There was even a dance floor. Oh and also rides and games. I just hope they don't make me go on any. I don't want anything to happen to my baby. I mean Adam's and my baby. Which I need to tell him about, before he finds out by himself.

            Abigail and I were watching Xavier play this game where you throw balls and have to knock down the bottles. He was really good at it. Well, practically every game here. Each prize he won, he would give to me or Abigail. Mostly Abigail. I really think they like each other. When Xavier was done playing his last game, he won a blue stuffed bunny animal. He was about to give it to Abigail but, gave it to me instead. "Aww thanks Xavier," I said as I hugged him. I then pulled away when my tummy started to grumble. I guess my baby is hungry. Xavier looked at me and smirked. "Somebody's hungry," he said as we started to walk towards the food area while carrying mine and Abigail's bag dull of prizes won by him. "Xavier, where's Adam?" "Um, I'm not sure. He said he had to go do something," he said as we got in line to buy our food. "Ok, I'm buying. So, what will it be ladies?" he asked us in a British accent. "I would like cheese fries and bottled water please," I said. "And I would like cheese fries and a coke please," Abigail said. It was our turn and Xavier ordered our food. I wonder where Adam is. I hope he's ok. Xavier paid for our food and Abigail and I carried it to the picnic table we would sit at. Abigail and I placed the food on the table and Xavier put the bags down next to the table. We sat down and started to eat and talk. The cheese fries tasted so good. "So, you're the girl that Adam can't stop talking about," Xavier said while looking at me. "Uh, yeah. He says he loves me too much to loose me," I said and smiled. "I can see that." "How?" "By the way he looks at you and the way he treats you. If you two ever had kids, he would the happiest man I have ever seen." I smiled at that and looked down at my tummy. I put my hand over my flat stomach and rubbed it softly. "So, when were you planning on telling him?" Xavier asked. I looked up at him and said, "What?" "When are you going to tell him you're pregnant?" Abigail looked at him and said, "How did you know she was pregnant?" "I could tell. It's hard to explain how though." "Oh, ok. Well, um, I'm going to go look for Adam," I said as I got up and walked away from them. I can't believe he knew I was pregnant. Could he be a vampire too? I guess. I hope I find Adam. I really need to tell him. I was walking along the edge of the fair when I noticed a couple probably making out. The girl was on top of him. He looked in pain and like he wanted to move away from her but couldn't. As I got closer the girl bent down and kissed him. As I kept getting closer the guy looked so familiar. When I reached the couple I noticed that the guy was Adam. I felt tears fill my eyes and my heart break into little pieces. I walked up to them and said, "Adam?" He pulled away from her and looked at me. I could see guilt and sadness in his eyes. "Jenni, this isn't what it looks like," he said as he moved away from under the girl. He moved closer to me and I moved back tears rolling down my face. "Please Jenni. It's not what it looks like. I swear." I shook my head and started to run home. I was a couple of blocks away from my house when I slammed against something hard. I looked up and saw Adam. I started to punch him on the chest. He grabbed both my hands and said, "Please Jenni, let me explain. Nothing happened between-" I broke him off by saying, "NO! I HATE YOU! YOU CHEATED ADAM! I HATE YOU! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" I yelled through sobs. He looked as if he were about to cry and said, "Jenni, please don't do this. I love you." Tears then started to run down his cheeks. I kept crying and just walked away from him without saying another word. He didn't follow me. When I turned around to look back he wasn't there. I just kept walking home.

            I finally made it and went inside the house. I ran up to my room and layed down on my bed and hugged my pillow and cried. I can't believe he actually did that. I thought he loved me. I pulled out my phone and dialed Abigail's number. "Abigail, could you please come to my house. I really need you right now," I said through sobs. "Jenni, what's wrong?" "Just come here, please." I hung up and continued to cry my eyes out. That's when I thought. My baby will probably never know who his/her father is.

ABIGAIL'S P.O.V

            "Who was it?" Xavier asked me. "It was Jenni. Something happened. I really need to go." "Ok, I'll walk you home," he said as he picked up the bags. "Thanks," I said as we started to walk home. The walk home was silent. We arrived at Jenni's house and he handed me the bags. "Thanks for walking me home," I said. "No problem," he said. "Bye," I said as I kissed him on the cheek and went inside. I ran up the stairs to Jenni's room. As I entered I saw her crying. I sat down on her bed and she layed her head on my lap. "Jenni, what happened?" I asked as I rubbed her back soothingly. "He cheated Abby," she said through sobs. "What do you mean he cheated?" "I saw him kissing another girl." She then explained to me what happened. I can't believe that Adam did that to her. I wonder if he'll ever find out she's pregnant now. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't even notice that she had fallen asleep. I layed her head down on her pillow and put the cover over her. I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and turned off the lights. I layed down on the couch that was in her room. Poor Jenni. She's pregnant and her boyfriend, aka father of her child had cheated. I just hope she gets better. I really doubt Adam would do something like that. Then again, I really don't know him that well.

XAVIER'S P.O.V

            I was walking home while I thought about Abigail. I couldn't stop thinking about her. It's like if I stopped thinking about her, I still wouldn't forget about her. There's something different about her. I just don't know what it is. She's different from all the other humans I've been with. I need to find out what it is, before I find out the hard way.

________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't hate me...lol...you will understand later on what really happened lol