Chapter 8

After Y/N and Ashley were separated, Y/N used his sniper rifle to move his knife back to him. He had a little trouble but he managed to get it back then put it away.

Y/N: "(Sigh) Finally. That was a pain in the ass." 

He started getting a call, so he decided to answer.

Hunnigan: "Roost to Conder Two, where's your current location?"

Y/N: "We're inside a castle right now. But it looks like this place is even worse than the village. They sure do love visitors though. They've given us quite a welcoming party. What's more is that I'm separated from Baby Eagle, so now I have to go look for her."

Hunnigan: "Say ag... I did... r.... you...."

His radio wasn't clear as he didn't understand her.

Y/N: "I didn't get that. You're breaking up." 

Hunnigan: "...der Two...... in!...."

The radio was cut off as the signal stopped.

Y/N: "Damn it. They must be jacking the line."

He put the radio away.

Y/N: "Well, the girl lost, can't use radio and the parasite is starting to take control. Wonderful."

He looked at the gate as he figured that he couldn't get it open.

Y/N: "I guess I'll to find a way around."

He turned left and saw another path. There was also a purple fire by it. Y/N took that direction then stepped in the room by the purple fire before he moves on. He met the merchant once again. 

Merchant: "Welcome."

Y/N: "Hey."

Merchant: "Having a rough day, stranger?"

Y/N: "Something like that. Any upgrades?"

Merchant: "A few. Take a look."

The only thing he upgraded was both the shotgun, the TMP and the sniper rifle. He plans upgrade the pistols later when he gets more money. Before Y/N was about to leave, he saw a rocket launcher behind him.

Y/N: "An RPG?"

Merchant: "Stranger. Stranger. Now that's a weapon."

Y/N: "Would be nice to have. Too bad I don't have enough money." 

Merchant: "Come back when you have enough."

Y/N: "I will."

He was about to leave but he stopped.

Y/N: "By the way, I don't suppose you have one of those light- I mean LZ Answerers, do you?"

Merchant: "Sorry stranger. Those aren't made yet. Even if they were, only the Duke would sell them."

Y/N: "Damn it. Alright, I'll have to make due without it."

He exits the room then heads up the stairs. Eventually, he entered the next room and saw some people in black robes but they weren't moving. It looked like they were worshiping the Plaga. 

Y/N: "Isn't that pretty?"

He tried the door that leads to the display room but it was locked. He sighed as he had to find a way around. He took the other path and later found a closed gate. It also leads to the display room but it looks like something was required to get it open.

Y/N: "A lantern on one statue, the other one is missing. Where could the other one be?" 

He heard voices coming from the next room, so he decided to check it out. He stepped in and was in a large wine cellar. He saw a red robed zealot at the upper area, swinging a staff with a red lantern on it.