The guests came and gave us presents and took photos. When the next guest came, I rolled my eyes .. "pochu ... matna da Krishna iniki " ( I am gone today)

They took photo with us.. post that the couples had a talk with us and needless to say Anjana and her got gelled easily. 

"hmkmm.. " she cleared her throat.

"four years back, a guy named Krishnan teased me for being talkative.. now see what karma has given him" 

Hearing it Anjana joined in the conversation. Needless to say , how it would be if two chatterboxes talk. 

" anna.. how are you managing manni? I am afraid how I am going to control Anjana" 

"secret da.. you will figure it out by yourself after marriage" said Vasan bro hugging me. 

Vasan bro is my relative.. His wife Keerthi is talkative as well but less talkative when compared to Anjana.  

( Vasan and Keerthi - characters are from "Will you marry me?")

The reception got over in a good manner. The next day our wedding got over  with blessings and happiness  from elders.

Its time for us to retire to our rooms and I was eagerly waiting for the arrival of night. Not like what you think.. I wanted to sleep as I am fully tired with the rituals.

I was waiting for Anjana to come , so that I can close the door and sleep. She came inside bolting the door with milk in hand. 

"Krishna.. I am so excited"

"why?" was she thinking that we would consummate it today itself? But I don't have such plans.

"every time, when a marriage happens in our family, the relatives would not allow unmarried girls to come out of our room. When Vishu akka got married, they denied me standing in the room, where she was getting dressed"

"So.. what is it that you are trying to say?" I queried perplexingly.

"This is the first time I am entering a First night room. Do you have experience on this?"

I gave a wide shocking expression at her. Was it me who understood her question wrongly or is she asking it without knowing the meaning?

"what are you talking ? Do I look like a guy who has gone to first night room many times, having experience in all that?" 

"achoo.. no Krishna.. I did not mean that way.. I have seen the decorations only in movies.. in real life this is the first time I am seeing this. My family never allowed me near the vicinity of the first night room before"

"uff.. talk clearly like that.. I misunderstood you for a moment. Anjaa.. will you mind if I say we can sleep now? I am really very tired to talk as well."

"ok.. no issues..." 

I felt happy for her to understand me. 

I dipped on one side of the bed and she on the other side. There must be some shyness, awkwardness, butterflies and all those for sharing bed with her for the first time. But I am hell lot of tired for experiencing all that. 

I was feeling very drowsy and my eyes were shutting automatically. Its been few minutes.. precisely five minutes since I dozed off, Anjana woke me.

"What ?"

" I have a big doubt?"

"ask"

"why do they give milk in the first night? can 't we not have coffee or boost or something else?"

I turned around and gave a look as if  'is this much important to know now?" 

" I want to know the reason Krishna.." she whined..

"I don't know.. I will ask and let you know" I closed my eyes again trying to sleep.

"Krishna...Krishna.. "

" enna di" (what?) I dragged.

"Why do they keep this much fruits? And they keep apple, without knife.. How we will eat haan?"

I gave a glare at her. Without replying , I tried to doze off. She too lied comfortably.

"Krishnaa"

"Whatt???" I asked with gritted teeth.

"Illa.. why do they keep so many fruits and sweets? Anyway we just now had our dinner and it would be difficult to eat all these by two of us, then what is the reason?"

" is it that much really important to know  now Anjaa ?? I am feeling sleepy di. please..."

"ss.. ok. ok.. sorry..sorry.. you sleep"

I laid facing the ceiling, with one hand covering my eyes and the other behind my head. 

Exactly a minute passed. I felt her scrubbing my arms with her small  nails. Without looking at her I asked, " Enna?? " (What??)

"one more doubt"

No response from me..

"Shall I ask Krishna?" 

No response from me..

"krish.." she started.

"kelum..ketu tholayum" ( Ask) 

"They send us to first night room wearing silk dress. Then why do they ask us to change to old attire once we are inside the room?"

I shot my eyes open immediately heeding that. I looked at our attires. I was still in my silk dhoti and shirt and she in her silk saree. 

I got up from the bed. "I will go change in restroom , you too change to different saree"

"but why?"

"are you going to change or should I change it for you?"

"chee. no.. I will change by myself.. but why?"

"don't make me talk dirty.. I will tell you the reason one day.. And.. what happens between us , stays between us ok.. don't you blabber everything to all" I warned her.

"Krishna.. I am matured enough.. I know what to say and what not to say.. But this ritual I don't understand.. Anyway I will wait for you to tell me"

We changed in to old attires and laid on the bed. I warned her to not ask any more questions. Few minutes passed. I was half way through my deep slumber.. Anjana was rubbing my cheeks with her soft hands.. 

She has not yet slept.. How come she is not feeling tired today after all those rituals from early morning? I wondered.

"Krishna..." she started. 

I don't want to answer her neither allow her to ask any more questions. I brought her closer to me and threw my legs on her. Hugging her tight, I pressed her head on my chest. 

Her face was kind of smashed on my chest and it was difficult for her to talk properly as she did not have space to lift her face. 

"Krri.." she was trying to talk.

I pressed her more closer to me and started massaging the top of her head to induce sleep. Few minutes later, we both slept. I hope she too has slept but I was not in a state to know if she was still awake or not. Deep slumber took me in . 

I should have kissed her.. she might have gone in to a shock..  But this is not the right time.. I am sleepy.. I want my first kiss to be special and I need to enjoy it.