Part 1/?: Hell and Back

(Consult the Oc book for more info on Rodriguez/Madman)

Rodriguez was in a transport ship with 30 something other helldivers, they were all genetically modified and technologically implanted super soldiers, and Rodriguez "Madman" would've been lying if he said that he wasn't scared on each dive into an active war zone, especially with one like this. "You good man?" A helldiver next to Rodriguez asked him as he elbowed him a little, "Si, si." Rodriguez replied simply. He couldn't blame the helldiver for asking him if he was alright, as he was most chatty and joking before a dive, but this time, he was dead serious. The commander then walked into the cargo hold with the other helldivers.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, we just got a report on what's going down on Iron 4," Iron 4 was an exoplanet discovered by the mining corporation, JCJenson. And for once the commander hesitated on putting down the, penny sized, holographic projector, which was extremely rare that the commander would hesitate, but the projector would give them a video of what was below. After a long moment the commander put the holographic projector down and watched with the other divers to refresh himself on what was on Iron 4 as the hologram flickered to life.

(Skip to 0:40 for the flashback)

The hologram then flickered and disappeared after an audible crunch as the holographic projector was destroyed under the armored boot of Rodriguez, honestly he had done everyone a favor as he looked around to see angry faces and clenched fists. The siren inside the transport ship went off as the cargo hold turned a dark red meaning they were getting close to their destination, as everyone was double checking their gear and getting helmets on and palming magazines or batteries into rifles and energy guns. Rodriguez got his helmet on and watched his HUD (Heads Up Display) flicker to life as fixed his spiral bayonet onto his shotgun and racked the slide on his shotgun to chamber a dragon's breath shell as he walked up to the ramp with 30 something helldivers behind him having "last smokes/drinks," for good luck or in case they don't come back.

After a long while the ramp lowered and revealed a cloudy surface that would've been mistaken for a desert in the red sky if it weren't for the fact that they were 20,000 meters in the air. The bay suddenly turned green as Rodriguez was the first to jump out of the transport ship. The first thing he felt was weightlessness as he pulled his arms and legs into right angles for a stable free fall as he looked around for a moment.

Hundreds of transport ships could be seen as more than thousands of helldivers were diving to the bloodbathed surface of Iron 4. Rodriguez then pulled into a nosedive as he streaked through the cloud cover and pulled the cap off of a flare on his leg and felt the flare burn as he saw multiple red dots through the clouds. Once he was through the clouds he went back to a stable free fall as he risked a glance up and didn't see any helldivers at first.

But then he saw the clouds erupt in a reddish orange color as thousands of helldivers made their way through it, it was a beautiful sight for most but a sign that the enemy better be ready. Rodriguez then looked back down at the surface and saw yellow visors with yellow X's on them as murder drones were slaughtering and eating people, it made his blood boil. As he hit around 2,000 meters he activated his specialized wingsuit that slowed his fall as he saw other helldivers do the same as most let out war cries that could be heard over the screams of people on the surface. 

As Rodriguez saw the ground rise up to him he braced himself as he felt himself roll and then slide as he saw murder drones with maniacal grins fly towards him with metal wings. As Rodriguez slid he grabbed his shotgun off his back and started shooting at the drones and watched the thermite pellets punch searing holes into the cores of muder drones as he finally slid to a stop at a car and quickly picked himself up and looked around while he could. The first thing he saw was what looked to be a black hole in the sky with a yellow rim and had very faint words that read, [Null] in the center of it as he watched murder drones flying around shooting or clawing people to death. Madman then gripped the grip of his shotgun so hard he felt it bend as he watched helldivers begin to land and 30mm turrets started landing in pods at the tops of buildings and the turrets began tearing apart the murder drones. 

He then looked at the intersection of a street to see murder drones crawling out of a hole made from flesh and bone, he started charging towards it as he felt bullets ricochet off his armor and the heat of missiles exploding close to him. He charged towards the hell hole while blasting any murder drones that got in his way and seemed to be unaffected by what they threw at him. Once he was in range his grenade launcher folded out of his arm as he launched a beacon at the hell hole but watched the glowing red beacon smack into a murder drone, taking the drone with it as it disappeared into the flesh and bone hole.

The next thing that was heard over the comms system in Rodriguez's helmet was, "orbital strike inbound," he then watched as a beam of light crashed down onto the hole, melting and destroying several buildings in the process. After a few seconds the light disappeared and left a smoldering crater where the hell hole was. 

Rodriguez then heard gunfire, railguns, explosions, shouts, and screams over the havoc of everything as he saw murder drones gunning survivors down and saw them get shot out of the air by marksmen, and turrets, Rodriguez had seen a tank drive around a corner only to see it get impaled and blown up by a fleshy tentacle, which was in turn vaporized by the bright beam of energy from a railgun.

Rodriguez just watched the carnage once more before he felt something tackle his back, which barely moved him as he looked back to see a murder drone laughing maniacally as it tried to claw its way into Rodriguez's back but with no success. He sighed as he let himself fall backwards, effectively crushing the drone to death with the full weight of his body and armor as he saw multiple murder drones flying towards him. He then got right up and raised his spiral bayonet at the first murder drone and felt the drone dive right into the bayonet which stabbed into the head of the drone which made the drone to fold from the sudden stop in momentum and had its core impaled while spraying what looked like blood? Oil? Rodriguez thought as the sticky fluid sprayed onto his visor and chest piece. 

Rodriguez just quickly wiped it off his visor as the impaled murder drone slid off his bayonet and onto the ground, he then slung his shotgun onto his back and got out his battle axes as 2 more murder drones were flying his way. He then raised his battle axes up and brought them down on the first murder drone, slicing it clean in half, the second drone landed a few feet away and had switched its hand out for a smg and started shooting at Rodriguez. He felt the small caliber bullets ricochet uselessly off his armor as he ran at the drone and sliced its arm off before impaling it through its core and used the hidden 4 gauge explosive slug in the handle of his axe to blow the upper half of the drone off.

After what felt like hours of fighting murder drones a message appeared on his HUD, but Rodriguez was too focused on the battle at hand to see the message as he hid behind a building to see multiple murder drones fly by him as he caught his breath. Next thing he knew he saw transport ships taking off with what survivors they could save and then he started running towards them after he released what's going on. They were retreating.

Once he got there the last transport ship was about to leave as helldivers and survivors were waving him in desperately but the ship was starting to take off already as Rodriguez felt his artificial leg muscles burning as he tried to get to the ship. Then a bright light appeared on his peripheral vision and he turned around to see what it was, and what he saw made his heart skip a couple of beats as he stopped and stared. He saw a continent sized piece of the planet explode out into space.

The sight made him run after the transport ship faster but it had already taken off, "NO!" He shouted while reaching for the already too high ship as the ramp closed and the ship seemed to disappear as it traveled at light speed. Rodriguez then started shouting slurs in Spanish at the empty sky as he felt betrayed that they would just leave him behind, after his rant he looked back and now he could see the mantle and outer core of the planet as the chunk of planet seemed to explode into space. The light of the outer core was blinding as Rodriguez had to put his hands in front of his face to try and block out the bright light but wasn't really successful.

Then Rodriguez could hear the sound of windows shattering and buildings crumbling as a shockwave swept Rodriguez into the air and he flailed, screamed and tumbled through the air, trying to grab onto something to stop himself. He felt his hands grab onto a building and held onto it using his gorilla arms to stop himself as he felt his body flap in the shockwave like a flag. He let out an unaudible scream of pain as it felt like his arms were going to be torn off his body as the shockwave continued half-leveling buildings. Then the last thing Rodriguez saw was a car going straight for his face before blacking out.

(Holy crap over 1700 words... new record!)