𝐗𝐈𝐈 : 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬

Começar do início

Ares started to get attitude. " because I'm doing exactly the same thing as you. " he looked at Tara. " Zeus sent all of his kids out looking for the master bolt, too. "

Tara glanced over at Grover before looking at ares again.

Ares started to get agitated. " listen, dummies. I'm hungry. There's a halfway decent diner up the road. If you want my help, you'll meet me there. But don't dawdle. " he put his sunglasses ( or whatever they are ) back on. " won't wait forever. " he started his motorcycle, the engine revving loudly as he looked at the four kids and smiled sarcastically before driving off.

Percy waited until ares was pretty far off until he spoke. " that's my cousin?.. "

Tara raised her eyebrows. " he's just like you— " Grover squeezed her waist and she shut up, side eyeing Percy, Percy side eyeing her back. ( persassy. )

Annabeth glanced over at Percy and Tara, huffing. " come on. " she hit Percy's arm softly before walking off.

Tara shrugged and started to walk off beside them, Grover closely beside her.

FEW MINUTES LATER

The four made it to the diner, Tara and Grover still walking pretty closely to each other.

Annabeth opened the door, holding it for Tara. Tara and grover walked in behind annabeth and Tara 'accidentally' closed the door on Percy, making him slam into the door. ( she's choosing violence today 🫶🏻 )

Percy let out a quiet 'ow' before opening the door and glaring at Tara, Tara just smiled at him.

A loud laughing erupted and the four snapped their heads in the direction. ares slamming his hand on the table, laughing at his phone atrociously.. many other people looking at him.

Percy blinked a few times, before sighing. " guess this is the right place. "

Tara sighed as well before annabeth started walking towards the table Ares was sitting at. with annabeth walking, the other three followed.

Ares glanced at them a few times but his eyes mostly glued on his phone. " gimmie a second, I'm just starting a fight on twitter here. "

Annabeth scooted in, Percy next then Tara and Grover, all of them silently judging him with their stares.

Ares continued to speak. " nothing makes me happier than a good old fashioned, burn-it-down fight. " typing sounds from his phone could be heard pretty clearly. " ah. Okay, done. " he sat the phone down, it clattering against the table.

Ares leaned against the table, Tara didn't like this dude already, her facial expression shown it all.

Ares stared at them for a moment before speaking. " so your quest... " he sighed loudly. " is going to fail. Ask me how I know. " he had a cocky look on his face, glancing between the four.

Percy glanced over at annabeth, before looking at ares again. " it isn't gonna fail. "

Ares scoffed, shaking his head. " sure it is. " he said as he laughed, this man was arrogant. " for starters... " he trailed off, picking up his phone again and showing him a video of Gabe?!...

Gabe was talking about how troubled Percy was, just yapping away with fake sadness.

Tara narrowed her eyes, a scowl forming on her face.. she disliked Gabe.

Grover leaned over and whispered in Tara's ear. " who's that?.. "

Tara paused and looked over at Grover, their faces inches away. " thats Gabe.. Percy's step-dad... " she whispered back, staring into Grover's eyes for a second before looking back at ares's phone again.

Grover stared at her for a few more moments, his eyes scanning her side profile before he looked back at ares phone as well.

Percy looked confused, his eyebrows furrowed. " what's he doing? "

Ares chuckled, a cocky grin on his face. " wait for it. "

The video kept playing, as the four looked at it..

The news reporter: " you also think he had something to do with your wife's disappearance? "

Gabe: " a kid that messed up? " he said with a shaky voice like he was about to cry. " what wouldn't he do? "

Percy quietly said but with a sharp tone. " what? "

Ares snickered while answering. " wild, right? " he kept his phone held up, looking down at the table for a second before looking up at Percy again. " the FBI is already spreading your picture around. " he casually said, nodding. " oh and possibly Tara's as well I mean.. she did leave with you and your mom. " he chuckled.

Tara and Percy paused, a slight shocked look on their faces.. all Tara could think of was: 'that bi—' then her thoughts got interrupted by the loud video playing the interview again.

Gabe: " it's a Camaro.. I really— we really loved that car... " he whimpered, taking a shaky breath. " so much. " he started sobbing, stuttering out. " cut. "

Percy leaned back, narrowing his eyes. " I'm gonna kill him— "

Tara interrupted him. " we're gonna kill him. " she scowled, her nose slightly scrunched up.

Grover sighed and wrapped his arm around Tara's waist again, pulling her a little closer to him.

Ares smiled in amusement before speaking. " I knew I was gonna like you two. " he glanced over at Grover and Tara. " but safe to say, the chances of you four idiots hitchhiking the rest of the way to L.A. without getting arrested are slim chance to none. " he stared at Grover's arm around Tara's waist for a second before looking back at percy again.

Annabeth spoke up for the first time, slight sass in her voice. " why are you sitting here then? " she tilted her head before tilting it normally again. " if your supposed to be looking for the master bolt too, shouldn't you be out there looking for it? " she furrowed her eyebrows, the sass in her voice only growing.

Ares tilted his head, staring at annabeth. " hm. There's no fear in you, is there? "

Annabeth shook her head before ares continued speaking. " doesn't matter. Whether the bolts retrieved or not, Zeus is going to war with Poseidon "

YALL MY COMPUTER DIED SO IM GONNA MAKE THIS A QUICK CHAPTER. THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR WAITING POOKIES. 🫶🏻🫶🏻