25. ALIYAH

“What about these two?” 

I look up from my laptop, seeing Jennie holding up two dresses. A short royal blue velvet dress in her left hand and a short green strapless dress in her right. 

Kira gets up from her bed, going over to her desk. “You do realize you’ve spent almost twenty minutes trying to pick out an outfit for this party?” 

“Of course I have. You don’t take five minutes to find a good outfit. Besides, this is Cresswell’s pre-homecoming party, so I have to go all out.” Jennie holds the dresses against her body. “So, which one?” 

I point to the green dress. “I think that the green one would look good on you.” 

“I was hoping you’d pick the green dress for me.” Jennie comes over, placing the blue dress down next to me. “Because I think that the blue dress would look absolutely amazing on you.” 

I look down at the dress, sliding my fingers over the material. “The dress does look very pretty.” 

“Deion would definitely like it,” Kira says. “Blue is his favorite color.” 

“Which is more than a better reason for you to wear it to the party,” Jennie adds. “So you can impress your boyfriend.” 

“Judging from that hickey, I think that Aliyah’s already made a very good impression on Deion,” Kira teased. 

I scoff as I take one of my pillows, throwing it at her. Kira giggles, throwing the pillow back at me. 

”You guys are so annoying.” 

“But you love us,” Jennie says, giving me a quick side hug before pulling back, returning to her closet. “Now time to find some shoes to go with this dress.” 

I bring my eyes back down to my laptop when my ringing phone grabs my attention. I smile as I pick it up, seeing Deion’s name on the screen. 

“I’ll be right back,” I say, getting up from my bed and heading towards the door to our dorm room. I step out into the hall, answering the call. 

“Hey, beautiful,” Deion says on the other end, his voice raspy. “How are you?”

I bit my lip a little, blushing at his voice. ”I’m good,” I say. “Did you just wake up?” 

“Yeah. Had to take a quick nap before Coach puts us through hell again.” 

“Shouldn’t you be resting a little more? It’s not even six o’clock yet.” 

“I should, but I’m already up. What’re you doing right now?”

I lean against the wall, moving my hair out of my eyes. “Nothing. Jennie was helping me pick out an outfit for the pre-homecoming party.” 

“Oh, really?” By the tone of his voice, I knew that smirk was on his face right now. “Can I see it?” 

“No, you can’t see it,” I say to him. “You’ll see it at the party.” 

“But that’s too long,” he groans, making me giggle. 

“You can survive two days, Deion. It won’t kill you.” 

“Says you.” 

“Don’t be a baby.” 

“But I’m your baby.” 

I smile at that. Although it’s been a long while, there was still that small part in my mind that still couldn’t fathom that Deion was my boyfriend. That the one guy who I thought hadn’t liked me at all had feelings for me all this time.