𝟎. ❙𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❛ 𝑽𝑶𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑨 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ❙✻⭒.☾•

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹
𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕

❛ have i known you twenty seconds or twenty years? ❜

𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟶

        𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑅𝐸 𝐴𝑅𝐸 𝑀𝑂𝑀𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑆 𝐼𝑁 life worth remembering-- whether that be the birth of a child, a shared favourite sports team prevailing at the last second, loved ones defeating a medical combat, a promotion at work. For Vorona Bardot, it was the last one.

Despite the lack of feminism in the world, Vorona enjoyed defying gender stereotypes. It was like seeing a dove amongst hell-- out of place, but beautiful. However, circumstances almost never ended up in her favour, especially in her workplace since she only works with men.

Women are never allowed in the factory, but as soon as Vorona's red-bottom heels hit the concrete floor, shivers are sent down men's spines. Luckily, her boss could care less if someone was black, white, man, or woman. If they work well and leave him alone during happy hour, he'd gladly hire them. Not many people are so open in the forties.

Even in the blink of an eye, anyone could see that Vorona works harder than any man in that garage. She worked her regular job of fixing cars whilst suffering through being eyed, insulted, and felt up. Every horrible, sexist act, Vorona has experienced at work, but she would never let a man have power over her. If she ever got caught, there would be a mile high pile of paperwork regarding physical and emotional assaults on her co-workers as a retaliation.

Vorona was currently at a bar with one of her old friends from school. She had a degree in art history, but didn't use it for much, but now she had a friend to celebrate with. Vorona had been told this morning that once the men working in her garage, including her boss, shipped out to fight in the second World War, she'd be in charge. This position wasn't permanent and it wasn't huge, but it was a step in the right direction.

Vorona and her friend were going to order drinks when the bartender came back around, but instead, one had already been prepared for the ginger-haired girl. "This is for you, miss. From the guy over there."

Vorona and her friend's eyes followed the bartender's motion to a man at the other end of the bar. His eyes were locked on hers, him and his enchanting eyes. He was quite a handsome man with thick brown hair and a charming smirk sent her way. Vorona returned the smile, hers more sweet and endearing, as she pushed the drink away from her. She would never accept a drink from someone she doesn't know.

The man's perfect expression fell when she turned him down. However, when someone this angelic graces his presence, he wouldn't just give up.

When he and his friend, Steve, had walked into that bar, he was immediately drawn to Vorona. She was by far the most unique, breathtaking, gorgeous woman he's ever seen in his life. He needed to know her.

He waited a few moments, but once he had seen Vorona's friend move off to dance, he took the opportunity. This man had moved to lean against the bar next to Vorona, putting a new drink down between the two. "Hello, darling."

"Dollface." She greeted him. Normally, a man would call a woman that nickname, but gender stereotypes have always made Vorona sick.

"Can't help but notice you didn't accept my gift." He pointed out, wanting to know why she turned him down. In his past, charming experiences, that tactic works incredibly, but he shouldn't have been too shocked it didn't. Vorona was unlike any woman he had ever seen.

"Excuse me, but I don't trust a drink given to me by a guy whose name I don't know." Vorona did make a fair point, one he had never encountered, but respected. He could tell Vorona was self-aware. He then held out his hand for her to shake as he introduced himself, "Bucky."

A small laugh escaped Vorona's lips as she shook his hand. It was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. "That is not a name. Vorona."

"And 'Vorona' is?" Bucky teased, her smile remaining on her perfect lips. Both had quite unique names, unique upbringings, but were both angelic in each others' eyes. "Touché."

"Well, now that you know my name, will you accept this sincere gesture?" Bucky slightly pushed the new drink towards her. She glanced between the red wine, her favourite drink, and himself. She did trust him slightly more, although, he mother always taught her that it is impossible to be too careful. "You take a sip first. Just so I know there's nothing in it that will kill me."

Bucky laughed, assuming she was joking, but when he saw the completely serious expression on her face, he squinted his eyes slightly. "You're a very paranoid person. Anyone ever told you that?"

"It's called being a woman." Vorona responded as she picked up the drink and held it out for him. She flinched her eyebrow, encouraging him. Bucky, without hesitation since he knew he wasn't a sleaze, took a sip of the wine. Bucky would never dream of trying anything so horrific to a woman, it's barbaric, but it opened his eyes to see how cautious Vorona needed to be.

Seeing as how Bucky was completely fine and sporting another charming smirk, once he handed it to her, Vorona took a drink. A more genuine smile shifted from the smirk, seeing as how he formed some kind of trust. "See? I'm not so scary."

"Pretty, rather."

❝ 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. ❞

- 𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒘𝒂𝒚

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘