CHAPTER TWELVE: TAKING IT ALL FOR LOVE

NOTE: The people up there are Lucille and her son, Andrew

Andrea's POV

I exhaled as I ran my fingers through my short orange hair. I looked down at the dick on the floor and struggled to hold a chuckle back. I know that may seem sadistic for someone who was almost raped and just killed someone for the second time but there's nothing I can do. The exhilarating rush of adrenaline is stupendous that it almost feels like I'm high on drugs or something.

It won't take long before someone comes looking for me and this guy. I packed my hair, rolled my shoulders and got to work. I dragged the body towards the back of the room where some big boxes were and searched for a very big one. Finding what I was looking for, I opened the box and laid it in a way I would be able to get his body in without much effort.

I can't believe I'm hiding a body now. I guess the mafia life is taking a toll on me. I got some wipes from a pack that was conveniently placed at the corner of the room and cleaned the little splashes of blood on my face and hands. Thankfully, none of it got on my clothes and I was about to clean the blood on the floor when other thoughts struck me. I threw the rag on the floor and left the room, I'm not the one who tried to rape someone he didn't know about.

Motherfucking faggot...

...

I had just showered and changed into an off-shoulder corset dress with floral patterns. I decided to take a walk around the garden that was well groomed by an old lady who had taken care of it for the past forty years according to Dylan. The garden looked so beautiful and exotic with so many different flowers and trees habituating the space. I swear I could live in this place.

It had a greenhouse and a well-constructed gazebo as well. I noticed a little kid playing with some water lilies near the pond and immediately rushed over. "Hey cutie" I cooed staring at the red haired boy who looked at me with the cutest green eyes I'd ever seen. He had freckles across his nose and looked around the age of 7 or 8.

"Hi pretty lady" He let out a swoon-worthy smile which almost made me double over in delight.

"What you doing here all alone?" I questioned stroking his hair but he lowered his gaze back to the ripples the water made when he threw a pebble into it. He seemed almost hesitant to respond to my question and it made me wonder why. He resisted a bit before finally answering me.

"I just miss my nana" He whispered as little drops of his tears landed on the grass.

Oh shit...

"I'm sorry. How did she die?" As soon as I said that, he glared at me before standing up and marching away. I got up as well and ran after him. I don't if it's that he has long legs and runs really fast or the fact that I haven't ran a lap for a long time now. "Yo kid, wait up" I placed my hand on my knees and took in deep breaths.

I heard sounds of tiny giggles as I took in my seventh breath. I raised my head and saw he was bent over laughing and pointing at me. I stood there watching him laugh. It had been a while since I saw such purity in my life since that incident. "Can you tell me your name?" I asked since he seemed to be in a good mood right now.

"Andrew Amanzanó" He said, his cheeks red from all the laughing.

"Well Andrew, my name's Andrea Brooks but you can call me Drea" I stretched forth my hand towards him for a hand shake and was glad he received my warm gesture by reciprocating the shake. I wanted to ask what he was doing here but decided against it considering his reaction to my previous question.

"Mi Madre works as a cook while Nana just went to get some supplies for the garden" He said while I gazed at him surprised he read my mind.

"Look at you, you little mind reader" I chuckled as I poked his nose which made him chuckle as well.

"Why don't we go find your mom, huh?" I put him up on my back as soon as he gave a nod to my question. I walked to the kitchen with him still on my back. I realized I had no idea of what his mom looked like.

"Hey Andrew, maybe you could show me who your mom is?" I asked and he smile before dragging me through the crowd of maids and staff to a young woman who was cutting up some vegetables but as she was doing it, she got a cut on her finger.

"Madre!" Andrew screamed running towards the woman who in turn, looked at him and I with shock all over her face. "How could you hurt yourself?" He asked with tears rolling down his cheeks as he left my hand and ran towards his mom. She looked nothing like him with long black hair and brown eyes.

"I'm okay mijo, I swear" She said as she cleaned his tears and ruffled his head.

"This is Andrea, my new friend!" He introduced me ecstatically and I felt honored to have won his affection so fast. "Hello ma'am. It's a pleasure to have met Andrew and you as well" I shook hands with her, watching her expression as it morphed into one of recognition before she masked it with a smile.

"Don't call me that, I'll feel old. I'd prefer Lucille, my name" She waved off the use of honorifics and focused on Andrew who had previously gone to get a first aid box. "I told you I'm fine, Andrew" She sighed out as he led her out of the kitchen, down the hallway and into a room at the left hand side. He sat her down on the bed and brought out the necessary things to treat the cut.

"I'm okay..." She tried to complete her sentence but couldn't due to the glare he sent her way. He soaked the cotton wool with some spirit, squeezed out the excess and pressed it on the finger. She visibly flinched and let out a hiss of pain. He looked up at her before continuing with the treatment.

"No need to worry about this small cut" She said withdrawing her hand from his hold while he remained kneeling before standing up abruptly.

"Why shouldn't I worry madre? You just came out of the clutches of that madman and you expect me not to worry when you keep on hiding things from me and Nana" Andrew shouted as he threw the cotton on the floor and stormed out of the room. Lucille and I ran out of the room and saw him sitting at a corner in the hallway.

"Andrew, please listen to me. I'm really fine" She cooed as she sat beside him while just stood there watching the both of them. "No, you're not fine," He said, wiping his tears and took a deep breath.

"I've held back too long. Dad was killed by some drug lord who found out he's an undercover cop and had been collecting information" She turned to look at him, a stupefied look marring her face.

"How did you know that?" She asked him holding unto his hands.

"Uncle told me about everything" He whispered while I wondered who he was talking about.

"Damn that piece of crap" She muttered under her breath.

"After they killed him, they came for you and I as well but we got saved by that woman beater, Marcus who in exchange decided to marry you. You then married him because you thought I needed a father figure in my life" He sniffed, cleaning his face which was stained with tears.

"At times, I think that maybe if you didn't give birth to me or I died that night, you wouldn't have had to face all those things" I felt heartbroken by the fact that Andrew thought that he was the reason why his mother couldn't have a good life.

I hugged him tightly and he leaned into my embrace while his mother wrapped her arms around herself backing both of us.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It has been a long time since I posted so here it is. I won't be posting frequently  like I used to since I'm back in school.

The twelfth chapter of "No Way Home"

Vote, comment and share.

Feeling generous, follow

Xoxoxo...

PS: The next chapter is a tad bit romantic...