Chapter 40

Chapter 40

"How is she?" I asked Ryker about Lucia's condition. Half of her face and some parts of her body got burned in the fire, but we got her out of the car before it totally exploded. I can't believe she's still breathing after it. Maybe it's true what they say, 'bad weeds never die'?

We brought Lucia to Nikolaus' mansion because I'm sure her organization will come for their leader. It wouldn't be safe to take her to the hospital, it could cause chaos.

I have something to ask her, but I'm not sure if she'll wake up. Part of me wants her dead already, but there's something inside me that wants to know the truth. Why did she ordered to kill my Mom? What's the real reason? That's something I want to know.

"I don't know if she'll last much longer. It's up to her body, Miss Malia... I mean, Snow."

"Let me know when she wakes up." Ryker just nodded. I know they're still not used to calling me by my real name, but they're trying.

I stepped out of the room and saw Nikolaus waiting outside.

"What are you doing here? Why didn't you come inside?" I asked.

"Why haven't you had Ryker treat your wounds yet?" He didn't answer me and just asked, referring to the wounds I got earlier while saving Boris and Blaze. I was alone, so it's normal to get this, especially when attacked by two groups of men.

"Can you just help me treat this?" Malumanay na sabi ko. It seems like I have no energy left. He nodded and reached for my hand.

After Nikolaus helped me treat my wounds, which were just small, I fell asleep in his room. I woke up to see him beside me, as if he was watching over me. I smiled as I looked at his perfectly handsome face. I didn't expect us to end up like this, especially after what I did to him and what his non-biological parents did to my Mom.

The war between us was saved by the love we feel for each other. Who would have thought that I would fall for this man? Who would have thought we'd fall for each other?

Agad akong umiwas ng tingin when he suddenly woke up. I didn't want him to think that I was secretly staring at him.

"Are you awake?" Why does his voice sound so deep when he wakes up?

"Yeah, nakatulog pala ako..." I can't look at him directly. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit.

I was about to stand up from lying down, but he came more closer and gave me a warm hug, resting his head against mine. I couldn't move, feeling frozen by what he did. I didn't know how to react... but I also liked it. It felt warm and peaceful in his arms. It feels like I don't want to get up anymore and just stay here for a few more minutes or hours.

"My favorite color is black," I said suddenly while we were still hugging each other. I even rested my head on his chest. He asked me to share something about myself, the real me, because he wants to know me more. "I feel more confident when I'm wearing black," I admitted.

"You should try other colors. How about brown or red?" Natawa ako.

"Are you a color analyst?" I asked.

"Maybe?" He said and even laughed.

"How about you? What's your favorite color?" Even when I was Malia, I had no idea what his favorite color was.

"You may see me always wearing black, but I like red." He answered and kissed my head.

"Really? You might be joking." I laughed. "Hindi halata." I didn't expect that red was his favorite color.

"I just find red appealing."

"I love red roses."

"I love you, too..."