Chapter 7

Choi Han stopped leaning against the wall and pushed his body up.

Cale glanced at him to check if his right ankle was uncomfortable, but it seemed his worry was unfounded as Choi Han walked fine for someone who supposedly twisted their ankle.

Cale blinked his eyes and decided to ignore this for later. He then told Choi Han to follow him as he started to walk towards the Count's estate. However, an existence blocked his path.

Meeeeeeeeow

The red-furred golden-eyed kitten ran toward Cale and rubbed its cheeks on Cale's shoes. Cale started to frown. He didn't like cats, but this one seemed pretty cute.

Suddenly, he felt chills all over his body. Cale moved his eyes only to find Choi Han staring at him.

'Damn it.'

Cale awkwardly started to pet the kitten.

"It seems like it likes me. But I have to go. See you next time."

Cale never understood why people talked to animals. However, Cale, who had now become that person who was speaking to animals, quickly stood back up and walked away from the kitten.

It was at that moment.

Meow!

One of the kittens suddenly jumped at him, making Cale reflexively catch it. The silver-furred kitten nonchalantly licked its paws once it settled in his arms. It even meowed at its brother, seemingly asking it to hurry and join it where it perched itself.

Cale stared dumbfoundedly as the red-furred kitten followed after the silver fun. He strengthened his hold lest he throw the two away or lose his hold on the bottle of alcohol.

Cale once again glanced at Choi Han before clicking his tongue. The best first impression that he worked hard for would be for naught if he followed his instincts and threw the two kittens.

Said kittens merely raised their heads at him and gave him a lick to his face.

Meow, meoooooooow

Cale furrowed his brows as he stared at the two before heaving a sigh. He gave up on understanding these strange creatures. He can't think of any reason why would these two felines follow a trash like him.

Cale paused at that.

Could it be that 'Cale Henituse' has a natural disposition where animals seem to adore him? He heard that some people are like that. That couldn't be, right?

'No way.'

Shaking the thought out of his head, Cale motioned for Choi Han to follow and started the walk back to the estate.

Cale took a peek at Choi Han to see if he was keeping up with him but flinched as they immediately made eye contact.

He quickly turned his head back causing Choi Han to smile amusedly at him.

'Cute.'

And so with two kittens in his arms and a bottle of alcohol awkwardly held by his right hand, the two(?) passed the residential area.

They then passed the residences of the wealthy and finally arrived at the Count's estate located at the rear of the city.

"Y-young master?"

As soon as Cale stood at the main entrance of the estate, the guards and knights stumbled over their words as they greeted him but froze once they saw what was nestled in his arms.