Chapter 3: Part Three: Marcus' Fall

This is not my story, the original author is TheadoraBlack from ao3

A/N this story is Explicit. This is your warning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They landed in the backyard of Potter Manor. Sirius ran into James arms as if it'd been years that they'd seen each other, and not mere days. James clapped him on the shoulder as they separated, and Remus pulled Sirius into his arms.

James stepped towards Marcus, "So, you've returned. Welcome home."

Before Marcus could respond, James was slamming his fist into his jaw. Niko stared in shock for a second before he burst into laughter. Marcus rubbed his jaw as he stood up to his full height.

"Okay. I deserved that."

"You did," James agreed. "And you deserve this too."

Marcus gasped in pain as James kneed him in the balls. This time Niko immediately fell into peals of deep laughter that shook his substantial frame.

Sirius narrowed his eyes at Niko, "Aren't you supposed to defend your cousin?"

"If he wanted to defend himself he would."

Sirius shook his head. After several moments Niko held out his hand to Marcus, who took it and stood back up to his own substantial height. Marcus took a deep breath and looked at James, who was smiling brightly like he hadn't just attacked a Dark Veela.

"All done now?" Marcus asked tiredly.

"As long as you treat Fawn well," James answered happily. "Just had to get that out of my system. I've been waiting for years."

Marcus nodded, unable to argue with that logic. He motioned beside him, "This is my cousin Niko. He's a menace. I hope you don't mind that I've brought him with me."

"Of course we don't mind!" James gushed, all earlier traces of surliness gone. "The more the merrier! Speaking of which, Harriet is around here somewhere."

Sirius looked at his brother. "Did you tell her where I went?"

Regulus shook his head, "No. I didn't want her to be upset if you came back empty handed."

Sirius beamed, "Well no worries there. I came back with two Veela, and some excellent recipes. Marcus' Baba is an actual angel, and I love her."

Remus held a hand up, "Hold on, love. These two are Veela? Dark Veela?"

Sirius nodded, "That's right. Wings, and fire, and everything! It's brilliant!"

Marcus watched as understanding filled Regulus' face. "I should have known," Regulus muttered. "This is why you went to Bulgaria! It should've been obvious. I mean look at you. You're both massive! And- oh Merlin- your birthday was right after graduation! No wonder you were acting so crazy! Of course you're a Veela! It all makes sense."

Niko laughed and nudged his cousin with his elbow. "They're funny."

"They can hear you," Marcus scowled.

"Oh yeah. My bad."

"I wanna see your wings," James pleaded excitedly.

Regulus smacked his husband's arm gently with the back of his hand. "James, that's extremely rude! You can't just ask Veela to see their wings!"

Marcus laughed, "It's fine. Wanna join me Niko?"

"Sure."

Niko and Marcus stripped their shirts off without further ado and threw them on the ground. Marcus' wings unfurled from his shoulder blades. Marcus tilted his head back and groaned in relief as they spread out to their full breadth.