chapter 2 "Are you my angel?"

Wednesday stared in silence, the form of their very back rippling as their feathered wings curled and shaped into human skin, covered by a black dress inspired by their previous visit to the surface world. The Victorian era was a beloved time for them when they would toy with the mortals and appreciate the thriving economy as they grew, sipping their newest alcohols and watching their inventions whistle with steam. Now, the mortal realm looked different, the building and clothes structurally changed. It always intrigued the demonic prince to see the mortals mature, they'd been around for millennia, but never truly had time to appreciate the surface plain.

The wolf was ravenous, a starving monster hidden underneath flesh and the false demeanor of a dog. It turned sharply, snarling and snapping human jaws. Curved sharp claws were buried into the mess of red and white, Wednesday felt their heart pound within their chest, the scent of lilacs and blood tickling every instinct in their mind. Black nails were nearly drawn into talons at the sight of the beautiful creature in front of her.

The blond turned, her meal finished, her front entirely covered in blood, bone, and meat buried in teeth, claws, and hair. Her gaze was wild, still desiring blood. The demon purred, the human form shifting as they fell to their knees, unable to keep themselves from staring at the sight of her grinning, manic wolf.

"Are you an angel?" The prince of hell felt their very being freeze, their hearts stuttering and slowly climbing up their throat. They coughed, saliva falling onto their cupped hands as they choked and coughed, hacking furiously until a blackened, wilted, and barely alive organ fell into their hands. They presented it, fangs barred in an almost nervous grin.

"Marry me, Enid Sinclair."