2.

As the Mumbai Indians team spent the bonding session merrily, two individuals were busy slurping their drinks.

"Hardik" Jassi's voice sounded anything but happy.

"Hmm" Harry sighed.

"What do we do?"

"I don't know, coz if I knew apparently the crowd wouldn't have been booing me."

"You know they are just a bunch of fools."

"Ya and they are coming up in big numbers. Not everyone can be wrong Jass." Hardik smiled. He kept a smile on his face when he went out for toss, when he fielded, when he batted, when he gave interviews, he always smiled but it just never reached his eyes.

Rohit who was playing charades with the the younger boys was eagerly looking forward to spend some time with his kids, his first kids.

When he finally managed to get away from the bunch he spotted Jassi and Harry drilling holes at him with some drinks in their hands.

"Oh my god, what are my kids doing at that corner" Ro muttered under his breath while catching upto them.

"Hello kiddos" He hugged them but on not feeling it being reciprocated he looked at them skeptically.

"Oh, skipper doesn't like it I guess" Rohit chuckled. It was certainly not the right thing to say.

"Why would you call me that!" Hardik said frustratingly.

"Well coz maybe you are the skipper" Rohit stated while looking at Jassi for a nod.

"I don't like it."

"You don't like what Harry?"

"I don't like anything. ANY DAMN THING. I don't like being the skipper. I don't like to be in this team right now. I don't like how the whole thing is either about booing me or about your love for the kids."

Hardik stormed out of the place, not caring a dime about him now being the skipper.

Rohit gave a confused look to Jassi.

"It's all getting on him - on us." He said softly.

"That's because you are letting it affect you." Rohit was very much used to pros and cons situation to be bothered by the actions of the crowd or any third person observer.

"Not everybody is like you Rohit bhaiya. We can't" Jassi choked on air while gaining his composure.

Madhwal came in to ask Ro to join for a game - practically almost dragging him.

"Your wicket debutant is more important than your purple cap winner." Jassi whispered slowly before leaving.

While finding Harry, Jassi's eyes landed on his little Sammy who was running around with a ball in her hand.

"Hello Jassi" Rits said giving him a small hug.

"Hi bhabhi! Hello Sammy" Jassi said crouching on the ground to her level.

"Hi, can I show you my bowling?" Little Sammy asked cheerfully and Jassi agreed, his eyes twinkling.

Watching Sammy do his bowling action was his happy pill. He loved to watch his Rohit bhaiya's little one copy him.

Sammy did a little bowling action while his brows furrowed still not forgetting to cheer the little one.

He looked up at Ritika for an answer.
"She's been copying Akash since like the morning." Ritika smiled.

Before Ritika could tease Jassi further he ran upto a small built hut a little above the ground. Surprisingly he found Hardik observing everyone from there.

"Ahaan, responsible Cap" Jassi laughed.

"Please" Hardik said with a straight face being fed up of the tag. While deep inside Jassi's light-hearted tease about him being a "responsible cap" was a way to remind him that it was okay to not be perfect all the time

Hardik, I know it's not easy," Jassi began, climbing up to join him in the small hut.

Hardik sighed, looking out at the team bonding session happening below. "I guess it's just tough to balance everything – the expectations, the pressure, and still trying to be ourselves."

"But don't forget we are the same guys who used to love playing cricket with this family. How we've looked forward to spend time in the MI camp every year - together."

Hardik turned to look at Jassi, a small smile forming on his lips. "Do you remember the first time we pranked Rohit bhaiya?"

Jassi chuckled, "Ofcourse I do. How can I forget getting yelled at by him for the first time because of your stupid prank."

Jassi smiled back, relieved to see Hardik regaining his composure.

Hardik and Jassi decided to step down from their little hideout.

Jassi approached a group of young players who were watching the games from a distance. "Hey, guys! What do you say we give these games a shot?" he asked with a smile, trying to instill confidence in them.

Hardik noticed a particularly shy boy Maphaka,  standing alone on the sidelines, and walked up to him. "Hey, buddy! Don't you want to join in the fun? We're all friends here," he said, offering a friendly hand.

"Let's have a dr-"

"Some coffee? Or whatever you like" Jassi slided inn while glaring at Hardik.

"He's still a kid!" Jassi whisper yelled at him.

They joined in the games, cheering and laughing with their newfound bunch.

It was not just helping the youngsters but also reliving their old days. The dash of nostalgia drawing the pair of best friends together.

"Even if everything changes, we'll still be the same. I promise." Jassi whispered in Hardik's ear and smiled seeing the cute thumbs up he recieved in response.